Does the BS Have the Swollen Lug Nut Problem?

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
For those getting the black lugnuts for replacement, what are you doing for the security lugnut with the lock?
I wouldn't bother with the wheel locks. Nobody who was ever going to jack up a car and steal wheels was ever deterred by these universal wheel locks. They'll be about as effective as a lucky rabbit's foot or some other superstition.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Good lord. $162? That's comes out to about $30 just for each security lugnut, compared to the $40 kit of regular lugnuts everyone else has recommended. 🫢
You can find them a lot cheaper on Amazon

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
Well this was a good thread topic to revive! Lug nuts that cannot be removed would NEVER be on my radar. And it’s pretty cheap and easy to avoid the potential problem. Thanks Forum!

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I wouldn't bother with the wheel locks. Nobody who was ever going to jack up a car and steal wheels was ever deterred by these universal wheel locks. They'll be about as effective as a lucky rabbit's foot or some other superstition.
They aren't 100% effective, but might as well make it harder to steal.

Sojourner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Agreed. That's why I don't lock my car's doors.

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
Agreed. That's why I don't lock my car's doors.
That's a good analogy ... if there were only 3 keyways that opened every Ford vehicle in the past 15 years ... or if dashing into an unlocked car were even remotely similar to removing wheels. Opening an unlocked door and stealing whatever is there is easy, impulsive, and requires no prep. Stealing a car's wheels is the opposite of those things.

There aren't a ton of downsides to them. You have to keep the "key" in the vehicle, I find it a bit of a pain when rotating tires or removing wheels for brakes, and I don't think they look as nice as standard lug nuts. No big deal in having them. There just aren't many upsides to them, either. I'd not pay even $0.05 extra to have them or go out of my way to source them. I might think differently if I parked on the streets of Chicago, however.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
BTW -- the specs on the Eisen nuts are correct, but Amazon says they do not fit the BS. I'm guessing that's an error on their part?
Yes, typo. They fit. Eisen are less expensive, so unless someone has data showing then to be inferior they are my preference

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Yes, typo. They fit. Eisen are less expensive, so unless someone has data showing then to be inferior they are my preference
Thanks.

FYI -- right now anyway, the prices are almost identical -- ~$33 for either.
Sponsored