DIY Ceramic Coat products: Meguiar's, Turtle Wax, Nexgen or ???

RodNSA

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Any experience with these 3 DIY Ceramic Coat products ... or others???
Ford Bronco Sport DIY Ceramic Coat products: Meguiar's, Turtle Wax, Nexgen or ??? Screenshot_20230312_185442
Sponsored

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
I used the Turtle wax that you show on my BS last summer. I thought it worked great - really easy to apply - did not leave any residue. Seemed to hold up well - I have Area 51 and it really brought out the color nicely. I will be applying another coat this spring.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m also a fan of turtle wax brand but I know maguires has a following as well.

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
so here is my take, i have been talking to the guys at ford Carlisle the last couple years about all these products....
myself, i use Adams Ceramic....they have the regular and the spray bottle, which i have used on all my daily cars (still use traditional wax on the mustangs) and they work great. you have to understand that these "sprays" are not going to last as the regular ceramic you have to apply with an applicator. they all work (to a degree), but the length of time they degrade is the difference.
i use combo of Meguiars with the mustangs, and Adams with all my daily stuff... Pro's and Con's with both. i have had turtle wax and some other off brands and have found they just don't hold up like the 2 i use currently.. of course this is my opinion so take it what its worth.
advice they told me, if you have the time to clean and detail your car every week, traditional wax will still be the best. if you are a casual cleaner, then the ceramic will be better choice just figure out if you want to use the short term or long term stuff.....also you cannot mix wax with ceramic....different chemical compound so use one or the other, not both.

hope this helps.....

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
There are different levels of DIY ceramic coatings. From the easy spray on wipe off type that are shown above, to the type that come in a small glass bottle that need a lot of prep work to work their best. As Brian posted above, the spray on wipe off type will have a much shorter life. They are great for someone that washes at home and can apply them at least twice a year. I would recommend applying them more frequently, maybe 4 times at a minimum. When I have used them, I figure that they are cheap enough and easy enough that I apply them about every other wash.

I applied my first ceramic coating about 10 years ago. This was way before the spray on wipe off type was available. I prefer the longer life of the kind that come in a small glass bottle. They do still require some maintenance products to restore the shine and capabilities but those maintenance products are easy spray on wipe off and are generally required once or twice a year.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Not a ceramic fan. Anyways have to stay on top of it to maintain it. I like a good si-02 coating. Adams h2o guard and gloss is my go to. Great shine and it does offers just enough protection from marring of the paint when washing the car. Also goes on easy, I reapply every few months when I'm drying my car after a wash.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Not a ceramic fan. Anyways have to stay on top of it to maintain it. I like a good si-02 coating. Adams h2o guard and gloss is my go to. Great shine and it does offers just enough protection from marring of the paint when washing the car. Also goes on easy, I reapply every few months when I'm drying my car after a wash.
Si-O2 is a ceramic coating.

ATXDave

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport OBX
Any tips for getting around the badges and tricky parts with the spray versions?
Sponsored