Tony832

Big Bend
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I just picked up my BB from dealer on Monday and got the same ford no longer shipping with hood insulation & engine covers due to issue. I mean it does look kinda messy but than again i only open it for service or when i inspect things. It does have 2 usbs in the back aswell.
Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? CB085F2F-3023-40BD-BA38-43902999DA05
Sponsored

dhaas06

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL/BL
This is strange, I just picked up my Badlands+Badlands from the dealer on Monday and was surprised to find I do have an engine cover. I took over someone's cancelled order from February, so not sure if this was one of the desert models that was built and waiting for a chip all summer. The tracker did show a build date of late September for what it's worth.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Luckily the dealership ordered me a new engine cover and all the parts. But they did tell me that yes they are manufactured without it after a certain date. I do have the plug though and two USBS in the back too
Yeah that's great; some dealerships are doing the right thing. Actually before there was another 400watt 110v plug in the back and they changed it to usbs

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
This is strange, I just picked up my Badlands+Badlands from the dealer on Monday and was surprised to find I do have an engine cover. I took over someone's cancelled order from February, so not sure if this was one of the desert models that was built and waiting for a chip all summer. The tracker did show a build date of late September for what it's worth.
It appears that the issue with the engine cover missing is on the 1.5L engines and not the 2.0L engines that are in the Badlands and First Edition. The Bronco Sport isn't the only one affected by this as it seems that they are also leaving them off the 1.5L Escape's as well. Must be due to a parts shortage issue.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Escape only has a 12v adapter in the rear and I had to get a car adapter to be able to use it on anything other than its battery. The 110v outlet would make that so much easier. Don't know of many things that use the 12v adapter anymore but there are lots of things that can be charged using the usb ports.

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
I noticed that my OB did not have one right away, we (Dealer and I) looked into it and their manager called some regional person and confirmed that 1) It is considered cosmetic only part and 2) Do to supply issues they stopped putting them on the 1.5's in both BS and Escapes.

Personally it does not bug me, I always considered them as one more thing to remove when doing things under the hood. How many of you will actually ever open your hood to notice it was missing after your initial purchase? Just curious.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My Escape only has a 12v adapter in the rear and I had to get a car adapter to be able to use it on anything other than its battery. The 110v outlet would make that so much easier. Don't know of many things that use the 12v adapter anymore but there are lots of things that can be charged using the usb ports.
I have several camping gear that use the 12v adapter(electric kettle, charge my lamp, etc) I even have a power inverter for when I need a little more than 110v that runs off the 12v. I can always put an USB adapter but I don't need USB access in my trunk ?‍♂
I'm sure it was cheaper for ford to do this; just like the dreaded engine cover

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have several camping gear that use the 12v adapter(electric kettle, charge my lamp, etc) I even have a power inverter for when I need a little more than 110v that runs off the 12v. I can always put an USB adapter but I don't need USB access in my trunk ?‍♂
I'm sure it was cheaper for ford to do this; just like the dreaded engine cover
I can see how you could use the 12v adapter more than I would, and I haven't done any camping since the kids were in Boy Scouts. In the past, the main reason that the car manufacturers put them into the cars to begin with was for the dreaded "cigarette lighter". Wasn't too long after the crackdown on cigarette smoking that they deleted that from the standard equipment list. My 2000 F-350 Super Duty crew cab has two in the cab - one is in the ashtray with a cigarette lighter in it (they actually put them in the vehicles too - I use mine for spare change) and the other was listed as a "Power Accessory Port" behind a little sliding door in the dash.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
When you have an engine cover, and put up the hood, the heavens open and shafts of light bathe the BSport in the full glory of the universe. Sometimes obi-wan kenobi, yoda, and anakin skywalker show up and congratulate me on ownership of my Badlands. Just saying.

Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? 0EB72BBE-EB14-4F56-B480-E3105C4BB04B

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
You know what's better than engine cover? Two engine covers! Unfortunately, mine came with just one.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I just picked up my BB from dealer on Monday and got the same ford no longer shipping with hood insulation & engine covers due to issue. I mean it does look kinda messy but than again i only open it for service or when i inspect things. It does have 2 usbs in the back aswell.
Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? CB085F2F-3023-40BD-BA38-43902999DA05
True . It will be easier for quick inspections of connections.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
My brand new BL+BL has both, is this not typical?
Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? PXL_20211013_232323352
This is typical, but it only typical for cars built after mid-May, whatever date they made that job changeover and cut off Badland package ordering. Previously only the 110v outlet is there. This is a really easy mod though if someone wants to Dremel a hole for the USB outlets or just order the panel as parts. Here you can see when I popped the rear panel off my console. The one harness goes to the 110v outlet. The inverter is mounted on the floor inside.
Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? IMG_20210803_135527453

OP
OP

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Luckily the dealership ordered me a new engine cover and all the parts. But they did tell me that yes they are manufactured without it after a certain date. I do have the plug though and two USBS in the back too
That was nice of your dealer. Mine didn't offer. Is yours taking the cost?
Sponsored