Delivered with missing parts?

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Correct its for engine noise nothing to do with cold climates. But if ppl want to install one cause they think it keeps engine warm sure go ahead put one on. Hood pads nothing new. They have been on cars as far back as the 60s. And they have always been for noise suppression not as blankets for your engines in the winter.
Insulation absorbs heat in addition to slowing its movement. Keep heat from the sun on a hot day from getting into your engine, allowing your A/C to start cold faster and helping keep one more heat source out of your engine bay. They also help your engine to heat up faster in cold weather and did you know they can also smother an engine fire?
Sponsored

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Just picking up my 2022 badlands and it’s missing the engine cover and insulation!
Cheap bastards!
anybody want to sell me one for the
4 cyl?

MI Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex; 2022 BS Badlands
Just picking up my 2022 badlands and it’s missing the engine cover and insulation!
Cheap bastards!
anybody want to sell me one for the
4 cyl?
That’s ridiculous! My 22 BL had the insulation but I was pissed because it wasn’t equipped with folding rear headrests! When will it stop!

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
That’s ridiculous! My 22 BL had the insulation but I was pissed because it wasn’t equipped with folding rear headrests! When will it stop!
The engine bay looks like a crappy computer room with cable snd connectors everywhere. I live in the snow belt and we get 3-4 months of regular salt grime on the engines and these connectors are going to corrode sooner or later.
This engine bay is full of gaps around the fender wells too so all sorts will get in.
Not impressed Ford , but do they listen ?

OP
OP

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I Didn't know they had a different part that wasn't adjustable. I don't know how I would fold the seats down without it.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The engine bay looks like a crappy computer room with cable snd connectors everywhere. I live in the snow belt and we get 3-4 months of regular salt grime on the engines and these connectors are going to corrode sooner or later.
This engine bay is full of gaps around the fender wells too so all sorts will get in.
Not impressed Ford , but do they listen ?
I live in similar area, was considering underpaying...I'm cheap, so I used mud ;).

OP
OP

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I regret not looking over the car before signing the documents. I would have said something about the missing engine cover. My dealer had me sign a "we owe" form if missing parts.

PSA
Look your car over before signing.

GJarrett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport, 2017 EcoBoost Mustang
...and did you know they can also smother an engine fire?
Yes, this. The insulation is a safety feature designed to melt off the underside of the hood and smother a fire if one starts in the engine compartment.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I regret not looking over the car before signing the documents. I would have said something about the missing engine cover. My dealer had me sign a "we owe" form if missing parts.

PSA
Look your car over before signing.
Make sure you check the oil too.

tifpwg

Outer Banks
First Name
Tif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's listed in the Ford Parts data base, it's strange there are multiple reports of the covers being missing on brand new cars. Going to be one of first thing I check when mine finally gets delivered. This is the one listed for the 1.5L engine models.

Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? 1624655539120
I'll be checking mine too. Ridiculous to order a vehicle and receive with missing parts!

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
I'll be checking mine too. Ridiculous to order a vehicle and receive with missing parts!
Engine covers have been eliminated on I believe all '22 models, they're not missing. The parts listed are on '21 models, they haven't reliably had them in stock so since it's a non essential part they can have the vehicles sit and lot rot waiting on them, or they can get it to you so you can drive it.

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine covers have been eliminated on I believe all '22 models, they're not missing. The parts listed are on '21 models, they haven't reliably had them in stock so since it's a non essential part they can have the vehicles sit and lot rot waiting on them, or they can get it to you so you can drive it.
If they want to do that they should give you a rebate or ‘rain check’ for when available
I bought a 21 version cover . You need a ball stud and threaded stud to install properly
Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? 680ED4A6-8BAB-4369-B40D-94A606D4F8C8
Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? B3F5D970-D9B2-43BD-86C7-811541BAFAD1
Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? 680ED4A6-8BAB-4369-B40D-94A606D4F8C8
Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? B3F5D970-D9B2-43BD-86C7-811541BAFAD1
Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? 31D35DC9-6D24-4FF5-A223-4E0DB4BD0209
Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? 34937467-65F0-4652-9D72-F7080C4F5E5C
Sponsored