gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For the '22 (and mid '21) 1.5 ltr engines, "eliminated" engine cover is indeed the right term it seems vs "missing". Reason for this is there is a plastic bracket in the rear right area of the engine that was added by Ford to hold down two hoses. This bracket gets in the way of the engine cover should you want to retrofit one - it needs to be removed. Ford actually adding the plastic bracket seems to make the lack of an engine cover a purposeful elimination... Also, just a heads up the diagram provided earlier in the thread does not represent the parts you will need for retrofitting (there's another post that clarifies what is needed).
Sponsored

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
For the '22 (and mid '21) 1.5 ltr engines, "eliminated" engine cover is indeed the right term it seems vs "missing". Reason for this is there is a plastic bracket in the rear right area of the engine that was added by Ford to hold down two hoses. This bracket gets in the way of the engine cover should you want to retrofit one - it needs to be removed. Ford actually adding the plastic bracket seems to make the lack of an engine cover a purposeful elimination... Also, just a heads up the diagram provided earlier in the thread does not represent the parts you will need for retrofitting (there's another post that clarifies what is needed).
Hey y'all, for the umpteenth time, if'n it ain't there, it MUST be missing!!! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My BS is "missing" the power moonroof, fender flares, roof rail crossbars, mud flaps, cargo management system, and Co-pilot 360 assist+. I mean, it ain't there so it must be missing. :rolleyes:
To put it in perspective, those are all options. When I ordered my BS they all had engine covers, and photos of the engine had engine covers. Mine was missing!:frown:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
When I ordered my BS they all had engine covers, and photos of the engine had engine covers.
Mine is missing a whole herd of things from the photo!

Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? 9a1e9f2a-89af-4dfd-9fcc-13f66bd55673-RBG_Hero_Image_no_logo

Actually, I do know of something "missing" from most all the Bronco Sports out there, but it's probably on @Kodiakbear 's ride. It may shock and surprise you. Here's a hint- it's not in this photo and it isn't the engine cover.
Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? yjucnkq2qnh71

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It's odd...I watched a full bronco review of the manual 7 speed. They showed the engine bay and panned the compartment. I didn't think anything of it other than wow neat shot just a bunch of metal and hoses...now that I see your engine bay and statement their motor didn't have an engine cover either ...hmmm I need to check mine for the insulation and engine cover. I haven't really paid attention.
Both were deleted by Ford and will not be supplied

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is missing a whole herd of things from the photo!

Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? 9a1e9f2a-89af-4dfd-9fcc-13f66bd55673-RBG_Hero_Image_no_logo

Actually, I do know of something "missing" from most all the Bronco Sports out there, but it's probably on @Kodiakbear 's ride. It may shock and surprise you. Here's a hint- it's not in this photo and it isn't the engine cover.
Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? yjucnkq2qnh71
Oil filler extension? Yep, mine ain't missing!

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
My BS is "missing" the power moonroof, fender flares, roof rail crossbars, mud flaps, cargo management system, and Co-pilot 360 assist+. I mean, it ain't there so it must be missing. :rolleyes:
Mines missing the beach house in Malibu, what the hell Ford?

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The Engine cover should be there & it may not of been left off by the Factory , who knows what the Dealer looked at or cleaned or what ever , ya never know . I would make sure they got on installed . Now the Hood insulation , I don't need it, but colder climes might .
Deleted by Ford, will not be supplied. Cost savings and availably issues. They did not communicate changes with dealer. I know first hand as I just sold my dealership.

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Now you see it, now you don’t .
I know what I prefer!
but I do have a copy of a Ford memo to dealer confirming they deleted this cover the engine was designed to have!
what else have the cheaper out on snd not told us?
This and a few other items left off and down graded has certainly put a bad taste in my mouth about Ford and my new ride, espically as it was meant to be my last!
( defiantly my first and last new Ford)!

Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? 3339ACA4-62F1-42CE-8DD4-E973561F9240

Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? FB067E2E-A067-4CEE-8C84-30AD70FFB4E3

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I know what I prefer!
but I do have a copy of a Ford memo to dealer confirming they deleted this cover the engine was designed to have!
This and a few other items left off and down graded has certainly put a bad taste in my mouth about Ford and my new ride, espically as it was meant to be my last!

Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? 3339ACA4-62F1-42CE-8DD4-E973561F9240

Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? FB067E2E-A067-4CEE-8C84-30AD70FFB4E3
I'd trade that shit in and buy a solid SUV that actually comes with an engine cover for piece of mind. Inexcusable they ship broncos without plastic show covers under the hood.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
I know what I prefer!

You’re also missing the firewall insulator panel that goes just above & behind the engine cover.
Sponsored