wibled

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2015 Mustang GT, 2002 T-bird
That's what happens when they start letting the onboard computers control overly simple things like "lights" - I turned my "Fog Lights" on for the first time to try them. They came on, when I shut them off with the switch, the right side shut off but left side stayed on! I turned on and off several times and could not get the left to go out. Shut all the lights off and back on, left was still on... shut cat off, opened door to reset - started back up and they were both off! It's done it once since dealer says let us know if it gets worse!!!
Next time you see that, turn the steering wheel. When one fog light comes on, it's acting like a cornering light for illuminating the corner when turning.
Sponsored

jimd1050

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thank you... I didn't know we had that function! I will definitely check that if it happens again!!! :sunglasses:

B-rad

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
As another person noted, the owners manual can show you how to adjust / turn off the delay. I had similar problems until I turned it off. No more issues.

jake4042

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
As another person noted, the owners manual can show you how to adjust / turn off the delay. I had similar problems until I turned it off. No more issues.
Yep, I was just thinking I haven't had that problem (them not turning off) in a while.. then remembered I turned off the delay and no more issue. Sucks that you have to do that but something less to worry about.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Been home for 15 20 minutes before and look outside to see the DRL on. I did notice i was messing with a setting after I shut the car off and my wife and kids got out and it didn't shut off like it usually does when the car is off and door is open. I wonder since i was messing with it at the time it caused the issue.
You can turn on SYNC 3 without powering on the car. This allows you to listen to an audio program or interact with your phone via Android Auto/Apple Car Play without turning on accessory power.

Try this: Get in your car and close the door without turning the key or touching the start button. Wait a few moments and all the screens will go blank. Then touch the power button on SYNC 3. The system will turn on without powering anything else. If you don't touch any buttons on SYNC it will operate for 30 minutes, then turn off automatically.

Additionally, if you unlock the car and leave a door open the DRL (and other lights) will remain on. I wonder if people who have issues with lights remaining on are not completely shutting the doors. The seals on mine are really effective; I have to slam them harder than any other car I've owned. That's prolly one of the reasons the thing is so quiet on the road.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I wonder if people who have issues with lights remaining on are not completely shutting the doors. The seals on mine are really effective; I have to slam them harder than any other car I've owned. That's prolly one of the reasons the thing is so quiet on the road.
Mine stayed on once so I opened and closed passenger front door cause I thought wife did not shut hard enough when she got out. DRLs went out after that. Door did appear to be fully closed before I opened closed. Car was not locked when we got out. That only time I seen them stuck on. All other lights were off when the DRLs were stuck on.

JEFRO66

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Read the owners manual, the exit lighting can have up to a 3 minute delay before turning off. It's not a glitch.
Mine have stayed on for half an hour until the battery went into sleep mode and would no longer remote start

brocnosportsucks

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
2022 bronco sport outer banks. Does the same thing. Headlights will randomly remain on sometimes. But not every time. Headlight selector in auto position. Never have touched it to a different setting. All doors including rear hatch closed tightly. When it does it and they remain on, you can lock and unlock the vehicle as many times as you want and they will not go off until about 10 minutes later. However if you open and close the doors enough times or start the vehicle and mess around enough they will go off. Very frustrating and a glitch. Has nothing to do with welcome lighting or anything like that. The outer banks we have doesn’t have welcome lighting and not even an option to deactivate or activate it. Took to dealership several times and they tell us we don’t have the doors shut all the way or are accidentally turning the selector knob with our knee off of auto. Wrong. Headlights stay on randomly only at random times.

Also others have mentioned a rattle in the infotainment center and also in the rear hatch. Correct ours had both. Finally got the infotainment center rattle fixed after 3 trips to the dealer with a piece of felt. Plastic pieces vibrate where they meet in the mounting. Got rear rattle fixed they had to adjust the glass piece in the back and messed around with that with 3 different trips to the dealer.

Have put 3,000 miles on this vehicle after buying it new and have had issues since day 1. Think they were not well tested, built cheap and fast without being tested a lot. Also with Covid trying to ramp production back up and cranking out vehicles fast with lots of issues. Stay away from the bronco sport. They suck.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I have this issue too, but only started noticing this issue when I turned on my Daytime Running Lights again. I usually drive with em off, but ever since I turned it back on, I notice that dim running lights still on after I lock the car. Quick fix is to just unlock and lock the car for me, but still gotta look every time I lock the car now just to be sure, or drive with my DRL's off.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Happens to me anytime the headlights are used and then I park. Have to open door and use fob to unlock/lock to get it to turn off. Dealer ordered a headlight switch. Another part on indefinite backorder. Another one of the myriad issues with this thing

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I have also caught mine a couple of times staying on well after I parked. Seems pretty random.

Rogerthat898

Big Bend
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This happens to me also.
After shutting the car off if I cycle the light knob from AUTO to MANUAL then back to AUTO before exiting the vehicle and the light remain off.

Last edited:

Sirwallace

Base
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
2022 bronco sport outer banks. Does the same thing. Headlights will randomly remain on sometimes. But not every time. Headlight selector in auto position. Never have touched it to a different setting. All doors including rear hatch closed tightly. When it does it and they remain on, you can lock and unlock the vehicle as many times as you want and they will not go off until about 10 minutes later. However if you open and close the doors enough times or start the vehicle and mess around enough they will go off. Very frustrating and a glitch. Has nothing to do with welcome lighting or anything like that. The outer banks we have doesn’t have welcome lighting and not even an option to deactivate or activate it. Took to dealership several times and they tell us we don’t have the doors shut all the way or are accidentally turning the selector knob with our knee off of auto. Wrong. Headlights stay on randomly only at random times.

Also others have mentioned a rattle in the infotainment center and also in the rear hatch. Correct ours had both. Finally got the infotainment center rattle fixed after 3 trips to the dealer with a piece of felt. Plastic pieces vibrate where they meet in the mounting. Got rear rattle fixed they had to adjust the glass piece in the back and messed around with that with 3 different trips to the dealer.

Have put 3,000 miles on this vehicle after buying it new and have had issues since day 1. Think they were not well tested, built cheap and fast without being tested a lot. Also with Covid trying to ramp production back up and cranking out vehicles fast with lots of issues. Stay away from the bronco sport. They suck.
Look up other vehicle manufacturers and they have problems also. I have 2021 Base in Vancouver and have had no problems.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
It's happened to me twice so far where the daytime running lights have stayed on after I've parked, turned off, left the vehicle and locked it. Come back and it's still lit up.
Sponsored