Daytime Running Lights Sometimes Stay On After Shutdown

MGM

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I thought I saw a thread on this earlier, however I couldn't find it.

I've noticed that when I shut off the vehicle (BS Base) and lock the doors (via key fob) that things shut off in a sequence....interior lights, then guages, then headlights (if night) and lastly the daytime running lights. Problem is that occasionally (say 1 in every 10 shut downs) the daytime running lights will stay on. I then have to re-open the vehicle with the key fob, then lock it again...then everything shuts in the sequence including the daytime running lights.

I've come to the conclusion that today we drive computers rather than automobiles...likely a software glitch. Any one else experience this?
Sponsored

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

I've noticed that when I shut off the vehicle (BS Base) and lock the doors (via key fob) that things shut off in a sequence....interior lights, then guages, then headlights (if night) and lastly the daytime running lights. Problem is that occasionally (say 1 in every 10 shut downs) the daytime running lights will stay on. I then have to re-open the vehicle with the key fob, then lock it again...then everything shuts in the sequence including the daytime running lights.

I've come to the conclusion that today we drive computers rather than automobiles...likely a software glitch. Any one else experience this?
I hope you didn't speak this back into existence for me... You just need to check for a sync update. Sometimes they don't download correctly over WiFi. Use a stick to update or have the service department do it. It hasn't happened in months for me. Best of luck

Reactions: MGM

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/part-of-headlight-staying-on.2926/

rwltcowboy

Big Bend
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My Bronco Sport will do the same thing ever so often. Come home at night, get out and lock the doors with key fob and the daytime running lights will stay on. I have also found that if you unlock the doors, and then re-lock them with the fob that it usually will correct the problem. But they shouldn't be staying on like that in the first place. I've never just sat down and watched to see how long they will stay on, because usually after about 5 minutes I will lose my patience.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Read the owners manual, the exit lighting can have up to a 3 minute delay before turning off. It's not a glitch.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
My Bronco Sport will do the same thing ever so often. Come home at night, get out and lock the doors with key fob and the daytime running lights will stay on. I have also found that if you unlock the doors, and then re-lock them with the fob that it usually will correct the problem. But they shouldn't be staying on like that in the first place. I've never just sat down and watched to see how long they will stay on, because usually after about 5 minutes I will lose my patience.
this is exactly it. my lights have stayed on and 'unlock - lock' does the trick.

kanine

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Mustang GT
Read the owners manual, the exit lighting can have up to a 3 minute delay before turning off. It's not a glitch.
But the DRL stays on randomly sometimes when you lock the vehicle, other times everything just turns off. Definitely seems like a glitch, the unlock/lock again does turn it off.

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
Mine did this the other day. I ended up going around and opened and closed all of the doors then locked it again by the door handle. Lights turned off and stayed off. No idea if its a sensor glitch thinking a door is open or what. Odd for sure.

Greekguyrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I was just about to post a thread about this issue. It’s happened to me a number of times where the lights don’t shut off. I’ve also had a couple of times where the sync 3 Screen doesn’t completely shut off.

Greekguyrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’ve went into a store for 15 minutes the other night and came back out and they were still on. I’d say that something is going on with the delay.

Reactions: MGM

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Mine has actually done this a few times as well. Been home for 15 20 minutes before and look outside to see the DRL on. And my options are only set for 20 seconds for delay so its not that. Last night the sync stayed on 2. I did notice i was messing with a setting after I shut the car off and my wife and kids got out and it didn't shut off like it usually does when the car is off and door is open. I wonder since i was messing with it at the time it caused the issue. Might have to test that theory to see if thats related.

jimd1050

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
That's what happens when they start letting the onboard computers control overly simple things like "lights" - I turned my "Fog Lights" on for the first time to try them. They came on, when I shut them off with the switch, the right side shut off but left side stayed on! I turned on and off several times and could not get the left to go out. Shut all the lights off and back on, left was still on... shut cat off, opened door to reset - started back up and they were both off! It's done it once since dealer says let us know if it gets worse!!!

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
That's what happens when they start letting the onboard computers control overly simple things like "lights" - I turned my "Fog Lights" on for the first time to try them. They came on, when I shut them off with the switch, the right side shut off but left side stayed on! I turned on and off several times and could not get the left to go out. Shut all the lights off and back on, left was still on... shut cat off, opened door to reset - started back up and they were both off! It's done it once since dealer says let us know if it gets worse!!!
I've had issues and brought the car in and dealers have told me that if they can't duplicate it then they won't even try to find out the cause.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport

Yup. My base model sport does it about once a week.. unlock lock is only thing found so far that works. But should not have to. Now i look every time i get out
Sponsored