scaryhours

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BB
Watch this video of the recall being done to see what to look for. Even though its being done on a Ford Escape, it's a 1.5, the same for the BS.

My 11/22 build doesn't have a drain hose or any open recall for it. Also, none of the '23's I looked at had the drain hose. What gives?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
It’s possible Ford addressed the potential for fuel accumulation due to a leak on top of the engine with a different strategy, or with a drain hose less visible to a casual observer. After all, assembly techs will have much better access to the engine during the build process than service techs after the fact. I have not looked far enough to determine if the fuel injector part numbers vary by MY. If they do, then that might be the missing evidence suggesting a defect with the injectors.

scaryhours

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BB
It’s possible Ford addressed the potential for fuel accumulation due to a leak on top of the engine with a different strategy, or with a drain hose less visible to a casual observer. After all, assembly techs will have much better access to the engine during the build process than service techs after the fact. I have not looked far enough to determine if the fuel injector part numbers vary by MY. If they do, then that might be the missing evidence suggesting a defect with the injectors.
For your own research, let me know if you need any pics, vids. I looked pretty good, there's nothing.

I heard fuel rail mentioned a few times?

and one last thing - how do you turn off the performance killing ads on this site?

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
For your own research, let me know if you need any pics, vids. I looked pretty good, there's nothing.

and one last thing - how do you turn off the performance killing ads on this site?
Yes, like the TV adds/sporting events in the lower right! Usually a site will turn them off if you become a "special member", meaning you donate $20.00 a year. I have not seen this offering though. And requests to the site mod have not gotten answers to other requests I've had.

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cylinder deactivation kicks in @ 0.55
I expected the guy to go flying....large version of a "hit and miss" ice cream maker I see at flea markets. Always wanted one.

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get it. Maybe you should read some of the other threads on the fuel drain recall and the water pump issues. There are many threads. And it does get old. Nothing like folks beating a dead horse.
Or a Bronco...

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport, 2018 Ford F150 XLT

I use AdBlock
Sponsored