Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
After 17K miles and 14 months, the windshield got a chip that is now a dandy crack and I’m wondering if I should make sure to get OEM glass as a replacement. I’ve read here that some feel the factory windshields aren’t good quality, so I’m curious what I should look out for when I get it replaced.

Any particular types of shops to seek out or avoid? The list from my insurance company is looong.
Ford Bronco Sport Cracked windshield — get OEM glass? F504EACA-2C7F-4C2F-9BCE-80A09113CAAE

Ford Bronco Sport Cracked windshield — get OEM glass? 3542F65B-332B-418E-A155-82EA8C6F4D54
Sponsored

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
My first one was replaced with a Ford OEM one. I just had my second one put in and it isn't a Ford one, it also says acoustic on it which my factory one wasn't. I don't have a answer yet but hope this one holds up better. My first one was just like yours only a little higher. The second windshield cracked from the rear mirror area at a 45 right thru my vision to the bottom driver side bottom.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
So the issue is the non OEM glass won’t be as a good as fit as the OEM glass but that being said, you are probably fine. I’d stay away from Safelite but that’s because they basically own most of the insurance work. Check with your local body shops. They normally will have an independent that does their glass work. If you were in northeast Ohio, I could probably give you some recommendations.

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I have no problem using Safelite. USAA wants me to use them for my Zero deductible glass coverage, and they will use a generic windshield or the Ford OEM. Which ever I choose. I personally believe that Ford has some of the best glass in the industry. (Covid lack of quality affecting every manufacture not withstanding).

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
I can't speak to the Bronco Sport but when I had a windshield crack on my 2015 Ford Fusion, I used a local glass guy and he used a Fuyao (non-OEM) windshield. It was marked as acoustic glass (what Ford calls soundscreen), other than the logo in the corner it looked just like the Ford one.

Changing the windshield didn't seem to bother the lanekeeping but I retrained it using Forscan anyways (which saved me $500 in labor having Safelite or the dealer do it).

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'm here in SoCal and I went thru my AAA insurance. I'm using a local company for the install. I've been told that they can't get a non-oem glass.

They had to order thru the local Ford dealer. At least a 2 week window before It comes in.

I have a 2021 Badlands.
Sponsored