ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Not like the old days! A good reason for those extended warranty plans.

A windshield, for decades, had one job: shield drivers from the elements. Nothing about them was particularly "high-tech." Repairs often meant replacing glass much like a broken window pane in your house. But, the times have changed in big ways. Sensors, cameras and calibration can multiple the cost and difficulties of a replacement. Here's what you need to know when you get a windshield replaced today.

Read Full Article
Sponsored

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Not like the old days! A good reason for those extended warranty plans.

A windshield, for decades, had one job: shield drivers from the elements. Nothing about them was particularly "high-tech." Repairs often meant replacing glass much like a broken window pane in your house. But, the times have changed in big ways. Sensors, cameras and calibration can multiple the cost and difficulties of a replacement. Here's what you need to know when you get a windshield replaced today.

Read Full Article
Excellent post. I had two windshields replaced on my Jeep Liberty in 14 years of ownership. Very fast, simple, and inexpensive process and nothing really to worry about other than replacing NYS inspection and registration stickers and simple adhesive mirror mount. When I read about people having issues with their windshields breaking on their new BS, I grew very nervous with all of the delay in getting a factory replacement as well as the extra stuff attached to it and how much more there was to this process. With all of the "new" sensors, LED lighting, display and other electronics in the BS, purchasing a Ford ESP Warranty Plan via a Ford dealer on the internet is looking better and better each day...hopefully when my BS is finally built and arrives sometime this year. :crazy:

OP
OP
ScareCrow

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Excellent post. I had two windshields replaced on my Jeep Liberty in 14 years of ownership. Very fast, simple, and inexpensive process and nothing really to worry about other than replacing NYS inspection and registration stickers and simple adhesive mirror mount. When I read about people having issues with their windshields breaking on their new BS, I grew very nervous with all of the delay in getting a factory replacement as well as the extra stuff attached to it and how much more there was to this process. With all of the "new" sensors, LED lighting, display and other electronics in the BS, purchasing a Ford ESP Warranty Plan via a Ford dealer on the internet is looking better and better each day...hopefully when my BS is finally built and arrives sometime this year. :crazy:
Yep, the days of repairing your own vehicle is coming to an end.......... I had a 67 firebird with overhead cam engine. Did all the work myself, except for the 3 blown engines......

Damn Girlfriends :facepalm:

Hell, I don't even change the oil now, let Ford do that!

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I just got bit by the damn problematic windshield problem. My family and I get into my fully packed BS to head out on a quick weekend getaway when my wife says to me: "Oooh...when did THAT get there?". The that in question is a 2-3 inch crack in my damn windshield.

I gotta pray that nothing else happens while I'm driving and get it looked at while I'm away. This effin sucks...

RLader

Outer Banks
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I don't think warranty will cover broken windshield that is not factory defect or flaw. Your comprehensive insurance will be what covers cracked windshield. I had $100 deductible till I saw it would take ten or more years to save the difference between that and $0 deductible. So I switched to $0 deductible. Glad I did when turkey attacked wife's windshield.
Sponsored