Jake10080Guy

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
I thought I'd post this as a bit of help if any of you are confidentially going to do D.I.Y Work on this engine.
This engine comes off as intimidating and a rats nest, but once you know what you're looking for, it's not the worst.

(this does not apply to the badlands bronco sports/2 Liter engines)
Ford Bronco Sport Color coded 1.5L engine parts diagram -- Identifying crucial engine components 1688014061888

Note: Again yes, this is both a Port AND direct injection engine, so an oil catch can is a waste of money. In the animation shown is the rail for the Direct Injection
Ford Bronco Sport Color coded 1.5L engine parts diagram -- Identifying crucial engine components 1686502275901

If you are going to do a spark plug change, refer to the video below:

Hope this all helps =)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Nice diagram. You could do a service check one with the coolant, washer and brake reservoirs and some major components like brake booster, battery and alternator. Sometimes it's surprising what people don't know.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Cool. We still get an oil dipstick.😉

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I thought I'd post this as a bit of help if any of you are confidentially going to do D.I.Y Work on this engine

This engine comes off as intimidating and a rats nest, but once you know what you're looking for, it's not the worst.
These 2 pics are in the Owners Manual for both 1.5L / 2L engines and while not color coded like your diagrams they do provided a numbered list and location to more info.

I didn’t cross check your 1.5L color coded diagrams but just a suggestion if you found more items to identify in the numbered list, it’s very easy to edit a pic to add more numbered items (at least it is on an iPhone). Just a thought
Ford Bronco Sport Color coded 1.5L engine parts diagram -- Identifying crucial engine components 1686592072331
Sponsored