Badlands
First Name
Bailey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
First off, I LOVE my new 2022 Badlands.
The ONLY thing that I am having trouble with is the rear cargo management system (the trunk divider). On the Badlands we bought, the plastic divider came standard, and any time we go grocery shopping, or try to put anything on the top, it slides around like nobody’s business. Does anyone else have this problem?

I was going to look for a replacement with some rubber on it, or something of the sort, since I love the idea, but the material they made it out of makes it nigh impractical. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this?
Sponsored

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Just get a rubber non-slip mat from a hardware store, or roll of some rubberized padding

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
You could go to a skateboard shop and get some long pieces of grip tape. Not much will slide on that before the BS starts to slide!

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL

MNBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
This cargo net isn't for the shelf, but useful to put things in so they don't slide around. We're using one from an old Mazda MPV we hung onto. Works pretty slick.
Ford Bronco Sport Cargo Management System Upgrade 01

Maybe this would work for the top shelf, but probably not an exact fit.
Ford Bronco Sport Cargo Management System Upgrade 02

I don't remember, are the hooks on the side above the top shelf? If so, something like that, or measure the distance between hooks and find a universal cargo net with similar dimensions.
Ford Bronco Sport Cargo Management System Upgrade 03

mikldom

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition, Area 51
Toolbox liner or the rubber stuff you put under a rug to keep it from sliding on a hard floor. I use both and work great.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
The ONLY thing that I am having trouble with is the rear cargo management system (the trunk divider). On the Badlands we bought, the plastic divider came standard, and any time we go grocery shopping, or try to put anything on the top, it slides around like nobody’s business. Does anyone else have this problem?

I was going to look for a replacement with some rubber on it, or something of the sort, since I love the idea, but the material they made it out of makes it nigh impractical. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this?
Don't have my ordered BS BL yet, probably months away, but I was thinking of this same problem.
The idea that I came up with was rubber sheeting contact cemented to the top surfaces, leaving clearances for the locking mechanisms, and hinges.
https://www.amazon.com/Exactly-Rubber-Neoprene-Sheet-Durometer/dp/B0B47NM4Q2/ref=sr_1_14?adgrpid=1331509144844433&hvadid=83219470938822&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=98323&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvtargid=kwd-83219665263683:loc-190&hydadcr=24660_13493308&keywords=rubber+sheeting&qid=1694266405&sr=8-14&th=1
I don't know if this is suitable or not, just food for thought.

Sport Fan

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport HLE

The CMS also came with my new 2023 HLE - I've folded the shelf in the storage position up against the rear seats to gain more space in the cargo area.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Don't have my ordered BS BL yet, probably months away, but I was thinking of this same problem.
The idea that I came up with was rubber sheeting contact cemented to the top surfaces, leaving clearances for the locking mechanisms, and hinges.
https://www.amazon.com/Exactly-Rubber-Neoprene-Sheet-Durometer/dp/B0B47NM4Q2/ref=sr_1_14?adgrpid=1331509144844433&hvadid=83219470938822&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=98323&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvtargid=kwd-83219665263683:loc-190&hydadcr=24660_13493308&keywords=rubber+sheeting&qid=1694266405&sr=8-14&th=1
I don't know if this is suitable or not, just food for thought.
This may work. It's a pretty tight folding shelf and also a tight fit when you slide it into the slot behind the seat. Would be interesting to see if this is thin enough to keep that functionality.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
This may work. It's a pretty tight folding shelf and also a tight fit when you slide it into the slot behind the seat. Would be interesting to see if this is thin enough to keep that functionality.
Check the fit using rubber shelf liner. It's about the same thickness.
Maybe it will work with less than full area coverage?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Why not just put rubber feet on whatever you sit on top of the shelf?

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Why not just put rubber feet on whatever you sit on top of the shelf?
If it was a crate or something that was always in your car, then that would work. For groceries, luggage, packages, etc that's not feasible.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The ONLY thing that I am having trouble with is the rear cargo management system (the trunk divider). On the Badlands we bought, the plastic divider came standard, and any time we go grocery shopping, or try to put anything on the top, it slides around ..
I solved that problem by purchasing two (different size) moving blankets from Harbor Freight. I keep those on top of the CMS shelf. This solves the problem of things sliding around and I often use the moving blankets with one or both rear seats folded down to prevent marks or scratches to the plastic in the Bronco Sport interior.

I also have this cargo net. Its 4 hooks attach to the 4 built in attachments directly next to the rear cargo hatch in the back - no drilling or anything else is needed but the net comes with various installation options that aren’t needed for my usage. This net prevents something not too heavy from sliding out when the hatch is open or you can fold the CMS shelf half way and insert grocery bags into the nets compartment.

Large Adjustable Elastic Envelope Cargo Net - 43" x 17.5" Nylon Mesh Flexible Storage Organizer Net for SUV Car Trunk with 2 Installation Options - XL Black https://a.co/d/1YvcEnV

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Y’all do realize there is a weight limit on the shelf, right? My shopping would never fit on top. I use the bag hooks to keep things from sliding, but I guess I’m one of the few that uses the shelf to conceal what I may have put in the back.
Sponsored