Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
Have two yr old BSBL with nothing to complain about, it’s been serviced and nothing more.
1. Brakes sometime squall a little when backing up in morning — I ignore it and it stops.
2. Hood doesn’t vibrate (except in car wash) since I adjusted stops.
3. Two little paint chips??? From factory on passenger doors. I waxed ‘em and forgot about it — may fill ‘em in some day..
4. Seats are comfortable with no creases, dents, etc, just condition leather once in a while.

Basically, what I’m saying is that I bought a Bronco Sport — not a Rover, Lamborghini, Porsche or Mercedes. I didn’t expect perfection which I think is the problem with many of the complaints.
I’m not dismissing some of the issues; these are mass produced vehicles — there are bad ones just as there are with any make/model. I’ve seen a lot of the expensive ones and the “flawless” Japanese imports riding on the back of the flatbeds.
It seems that many of us have lost sight of what to expect when we decide to purchase a moderately priced (comparatively) SUV, namely a Ford Bronco.
Just my 2¢ for what it’s worth.
Totally agree
Sponsored

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
I have 33,000 plus miles on my 2021 Big bend and I have had zero issues outside of a couple recall notices. And frankly recall notices aren't special to this car, it happens to all of them. My windshield hasn't cracked 6 times, i don't tail gate either. The brake moan isn't actually a real problem for the 12 feet per week that i actually back up. I accepted the fact that the car no longer came with an engine cover and bought my own. My water pump is fine, I also don't drive in sport mode full time so no added stress or extra RMPs for nothing. Oh, and I average 30 mpg consistently with bigger tires and a lift kit. What am I doing wrong?
Ours has just over 25K trouble free miles, my wife has averaged 29.9 mpg & we have the occasional rear brake moan & have even had the TSB performed on it. We are happy with our 2021 BS/BB & have nothing to complain about.

OP
OP
altoblue

altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Have two yr old BSBL with nothing to complain about, it’s been serviced and nothing more.
1. Brakes sometime squall a little when backing up in morning — I ignore it and it stops.
2. Hood doesn’t vibrate (except in car wash) since I adjusted stops.
3. Two little paint chips??? From factory on passenger doors. I waxed ‘em and forgot about it — may fill ‘em in some day..
4. Seats are comfortable with no creases, dents, etc, just condition leather once in a while.

Basically, what I’m saying is that I bought a Bronco Sport — not a Rover, Lamborghini, Porsche or Mercedes. I didn’t expect perfection which I think is the problem with many of the complaints.
I’m not dismissing some of the issues; these are mass produced vehicles — there are bad ones just as there are with any make/model. I’ve seen a lot of the expensive ones and the “flawless” Japanese imports riding on the back of the flatbeds.
It seems that many of us have lost sight of what to expect when we decide to purchase a moderately priced (comparatively) SUV, namely a Ford Bronco.
Just my 2¢ for what it’s worth.
very well said.

OP
OP
altoblue

altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
To call people you don't know frickin idiots is pretty extreme. Acusing them of things you really have no clue if they did or didn't do! I don't know anybody who would treat their brand new car in the manner that you accuse them of . I took one road trip 1500 miles long mostly 2 lane highway with speed limit up to 70 mph in some places. My windshield and paint is hammered mostly by traffic coming from the opposite direction. I have barely 3000 miles. The cheapness of these donkey sports is discaceful.
the purpose of my post was to bring attention to the cars that don't have the problems that everyone seems to have. I don't doubt your issues but i do think a lot of these posts, mostly from the facebook groups, are exaggerated and missing lots of info.

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
BS'ers:

I'm going to start by saying that I LOVE my 2023 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands, which just broke 2K at four months of ownership this morning!

I feel for those that have had problems with their vehicles, I don't think it is all from driving like a dumbass, and that comes from someone that likely normally drives like a dumbass.

There are some serious factors that I think are sometimes overlooked.

I have a Hood Deflector, purchased from the Ford Dealership and installed by them. The hood does vibrate erratically sometimes (not always). Seems to happen more when I'm heading into the wind at speed.

By AT SPEED I do mean driving around 90 or more miles per hour. I know what you are thinking "... well stop driving like an idiot..." Somewhat fair, but also seems to be impacted by region...

I live in North Texas outside of the DFW Metroplex. If you are going somewhere in North Texas you are getting on a highway that has a POSTED Speed limit of at least 70. If you are a Texan, you correctly read a POSTED speed limit as 80 to 85 depending on your age... By the way, this is IN CITY!

If you are traveling between cities in Texas the POSTED speed limit is 85! I kid you not and if you are driving that be prepared to be treated as a dumbass. You likely are going to cruise for extended periods in North Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas around 90.

That doesn't factor in the Wind here, which regularly blows around 30 miles per hour because there is nothing to block it on the great plains...

90 miles per hour with 30 miles head wind, the hood shakes. Your thinking, well that is to be expected.... I didn't see this on my 2016 Jeep Cherokee or 2010 Honda Pilot or any other car I've owned... Though they didn't have hood deflectors.

OK, while I LOVE by BS Badlands, I can say there are things that reallly piss me off about it and I think it is a factor a few others have noted.

Some of the components are CHEAP! I was wiping off my your roof over the drivers seat after a car wash, it flexed! I was cleaning it (not scrubbing, I was drying it off/wiping dirt away), I've never seen metal that thin on a car... The front bumper looks cool, try strapping a tarp to it in hail and high winds, most the "grill" can't take it and would break, I have to hook the tarp to the bash plate. The window controls around the door handle are just laughable, looks like some made in Tiawan toy...

And this from someone that LOVES thier car.

You might say, well you didn't buy a Defender.... I would say I agree, but I did pay about $48k for a off road capable vehicle. That to me should buy me middle of the road quality from almost every aspect of the car.

I'm not defending anyone for bashing the BS, but there are some problems that are keeping a damned good product from being GREAT.

And final note, happy to see a few people sticking up for their ride.

Just my thoughts...

RR

Iowan

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Does the engine cover help with sound deadening or is it just cosmetic? I don't hava a noise issue just curious. thanks.

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
BS'ers:

I'm going to start by saying that I LOVE my 2023 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands, which just broke 2K at four months of ownership this morning!

I feel for those that have had problems with their vehicles, I don't think it is all from driving like a dumbass, and that comes from someone that likely normally drives like a dumbass.

There are some serious factors that I think are sometimes overlooked.

I have a Hood Deflector, purchased from the Ford Dealership and installed by them. The hood does vibrate erratically sometimes (not always). Seems to happen more when I'm heading into the wind at speed.

By AT SPEED I do mean driving around 90 or more miles per hour. I know what you are thinking "... well stop driving like an idiot..." Somewhat fair, but also seems to be impacted by region...

I live in North Texas outside of the DFW Metroplex. If you are going somewhere in North Texas you are getting on a highway that has a POSTED Speed limit of at least 70. If you are a Texan, you correctly read a POSTED speed limit as 80 to 85 depending on your age... By the way, this is IN CITY!

If you are traveling between cities in Texas the POSTED speed limit is 85! I kid you not and if you are driving that be prepared to be treated as a dumbass. You likely are going to cruise for extended periods in North Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas around 90.

That doesn't factor in the Wind here, which regularly blows around 30 miles per hour because there is nothing to block it on the great plains...

90 miles per hour with 30 miles head wind, the hood shakes. Your thinking, well that is to be expected.... I didn't see this on my 2016 Jeep Cherokee or 2010 Honda Pilot or any other car I've owned... Though they didn't have hood deflectors.

OK, while I LOVE by BS Badlands, I can say there are things that reallly piss me off about it and I think it is a factor a few others have noted.

Some of the components are CHEAP! I was wiping off my your roof over the drivers seat after a car wash, it flexed! I was cleaning it (not scrubbing, I was drying it off/wiping dirt away), I've never seen metal that thin on a car... The front bumper looks cool, try strapping a tarp to it in hail and high winds, most the "grill" can't take it and would break, I have to hook the tarp to the bash plate. The window controls around the door handle are just laughable, looks like some made in Tiawan toy...

And this from someone that LOVES thier car.

You might say, well you didn't buy a Defender.... I would say I agree, but I did pay about $48k for a off road capable vehicle. That to me should buy me middle of the road quality from almost every aspect of the car.

I'm not defending anyone for bashing the BS, but there are some problems that are keeping a damned good product from being GREAT.

And final note, happy to see a few people sticking up for their ride.

Just my thoughts...

RR
Good letter. I am a car guy all my life I’m 70. I also did buy a brand new 2023 Big Bend and totally love it. 2 months old and 2000 miles.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Drago77

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Just need to chime in here. I am very happy for those of you that haven’t had any problems with their Bronco. That’s great and you should be commended on taking good care of your vehicle. But I also want to say that you’ve been lucky.

I have taken care of my vehicle and have had problems. The backup brake noise and water pump. There has been some electrical issues as well. None of that I’d say is from over use, under use, mistreatment or lack of maintenance. I like many other Bronco owners have had problems with the truck. I have enjoyed my Bronco, but it’s been a chore dealing with the issues in the two years I’ve owned it.

I wish all of you continued luck with your lack of issue Bronco and I hope you enjoy for as long as you own it.

RPYLE50

Outer Banks
First Name
Rowdy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So far so good with my 23 OBX! I Took delivery in January and *only* have around 2k miles on it, so I can't talk about the longevity, but I can say that none of the mechanical concerns I have seen in this forum have popped up. I did get a letter from Ford about the hydraulic/brake recall. Averaging about 25.5 mpg with mostly town driving in Normal GOAT mode.

The only issue I have seen on my Bronco is a tiny paint imperfection on the hood that seems to be a dust/clear coat issue. Nonetheless, I love the SUV! First domestic ride I have ever bought and it was worth every dime!

The Avatar

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Not whining about nothing! You really need to complain more about not having any problems. This just does not sound fair! PS: Me either! :cool:
I off road, overland, go camping, mall crawling trying to find issues with my BS I’m still working on it as soon as I do I will join the whinnying campaign

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
So far so good with my 23 OBX! I Took delivery in January and *only* have around 2k miles on it, so I can't talk about the longevity, but I can say that none of the mechanical concerns I have seen in this forum have popped up. I did get a letter from Ford about the hydraulic/brake recall. Averaging about 25.5 mpg with mostly town driving in Normal GOAT mode.

The only issue I have seen on my Bronco is a tiny paint imperfection on the hood that seems to be a dust/clear coat issue. Nonetheless, I love the SUV! First domestic ride I have ever bought and it was worth every dime!
Glad you're enjoying your new Bronco! Thank you for being part of the Ford Family.

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have 33,000 plus miles on my 2021 Big bend and I have had zero issues outside of a couple recall notices. And frankly recall notices aren't special to this car, it happens to all of them. My windshield hasn't cracked 6 times, i don't tail gate either. The brake moan isn't actually a real problem for the 12 feet per week that i actually back up. I accepted the fact that the car no longer came with an engine cover and bought my own. My water pump is fine, I also don't drive in sport mode full time so no added stress or extra RMPs for nothing. Oh, and I average 30 mpg consistently with bigger tires and a lift kit. What am I doing wrong?
I enjoyed this post!
I couldn't agree more. What is all this whining? I had my 2021 Outer Banks for app. 1.5 years now and had no problems. Regular / good maintenance. And I'm one of those who hear every little change in sound, noise, etc. But a squeak backing up with wet brakes? Give me a break! Is that really someone's problem? Vibrating hood in the car wash? Driving in sport mode? Is driving a car sport?
It looks like some bought the wrong car with dubious expectations, or have a strange, macho attitude of driving altogether.
Cheers all ... enjoy your Broncitos as I do!
Sponsored