PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
My wife had has no problems with her BS BL. None. Zero. Zilch!

Then again, she's at 3 months, 1,800 miles. 🙂

Taking my '22 FE to the dealer this morning for the Black Screen of Death.
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I hope I never get stuck behind one of these 30mpg guys on the highway. Me and my shaking hood are gonna burn an extra gallon trying to get past on the shoulder going 90!
Tighten up your bump stops on front of hood . Works for me .
Ford Bronco Sport Can I really be the only one? IMG_0819

OP
OP
altoblue

altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I don't know how you can average those mpgs driving normally. That is crazy. But I will say that I got pretty great mileage on a trip through some mts going 55 or 65 on open roads...maybe up in that mid 30s range. But it went away once I got back to freeway and city driving....so I guess in the right circumstances you can do it.

Thanks for the lift recommendation.
thats around town too not even highway

Cire605

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Well I had a crank seal blow out on mine last week at -40°c on the highway. It was towed to the dealer where they also replaced the factory water pump which began to leak. 20900kms. Also have several rock chips on the front of the hood side of the door. Also 2 window chips. One I took a rock from an on coming semi bounced off the hood and smoked the windshield. Other one was another oncoming semi.
I drive normal in fact I baby this thing. My first new car ever owned.

Ford Bronco Sport Can I really be the only one? 20240116_115229

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Also have several rock chips on the front of the hood side of the door. Also 2 window chips. One I took a rock from an on coming semi bounced off the hood and smoked the windshield. Other one was another oncoming semi.
I don't get the inclusion of data like this on a post which seems to bashing Ford for poor quality. Does anyone believe Ford should make rock-proof paint and windows? I've never owned a car yet (coming up on 50 years) that was immune to paint and window damage.

Cire605

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I'm not saying that. I was just saying you've have no issue and I've had a few. Especially a major one. Now with the rock chips. I owned a 2004 and 1998 Ranger and have never gotten a rock chip on the hood or windows. Owned the 98 since 2015 my first vehicle and 04 since 2018-Mar 2023. These BSs the way they are shaped attract alot of rocks. I've accepted this.

BroncoGirl77

Big Bend
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
I don't get the inclusion of data like this on a post which seems to bashing Ford for poor quality. Does anyone believe Ford should make rock-proof paint and windows? I've never owned a car yet (coming up on 50 years) that was immune to paint and window damage.
Dings in the paint and such are completely normal. (unfortunate, but normal) I've had my 2021 Bronco BS for nearly 2 years. (New when I bought it) I have 46000 miles on it (two very long road trips) and I have had to replace the windshield four or five times. It cracks at the slightest rock. Once, I have one little crack it cracks the whole windshield (left to right) within a matter of days. THAT is not normal.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once, I have one little crack it cracks the whole windshield (left to right) within a matter of days. THAT is not normal.
Every car I've ever owned that got a rock chip in the windshield I didn't tend to right way developed into a crack. This is not new.

BroncoGirl77

Big Bend
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Every car I've ever owned that got a rock chip in the windshield I didn't tend to right way developed into a crack. This is not new.
Correct, but it is normal to have to replace the windshield in a brand new car 4 or 5 times in the first 18 months of ownership?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct, but it is normal to have to replace the windshield in a brand new car 4 or 5 times in the first 18 months of ownership?
You're not the only one to mention frequent windshield replacements; I understand your frustration. I'm not sure I agree it can be attributed to lack of quality. There are a lot of owners who have not experienced the same problem. I've accumulated over 20K miles and nearly 2.5 years of driving on mine on the original windshield.

Last edited:

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’ve noticed more paint chips on this vehicle….however, I have far and away paid more attention to this vehicle. This is my first Brand New Car. And by far my most cared for car. So I admit I have paid more attention to the little things than I ever have before.
maybe others of us are in the same boat without realizing.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Could be driving habits, road quality, or bad luck. Was it 4 or 5 replacements? I'm not saying you're exaggerating but if you've only had the car 18 months you would know the exact amount of times you've replaced the windshield.
Sponsored