PonyPowerxox

Big Bend
First Name
Ruthie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I am sure this has been discussed but just noting my car often looks powder blue..........parking lot lights and overcast days zero out the green
Sponsored

AzPatroit

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport Badlands | 21 Ranger XLT FX4
Lighting seem to change the 'color' for sure. I have my 24 BS parked next to my 21 Ranger and the Sport looks much bluer then the Ranger. When asked, I just say its Battle Ship Gray.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I still think it’s a great color. Wish I would have ordered it instead of Carbonized Gray

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
There are a few colors on the BS that change with lighting.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Last edited:

CletusVanDam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I painted a bathroom a similar color to my cactus gray BS (weird name for the color btw) and it had a similar effect. It looks light blue on the bathroom walls. The paint by itself, the matching swatch, and even painting it on something else outside of the bathroom - - it looks gray, not blue.

I did some GoogleFu out of curiosity and found that it's probably the white on the ceiling, bathtub, toilet etc, that makes the blue come out. Some combination of my brain making adjustments and the actual blue that exists in gray paint.

Since I made the letters on the back of my BS black (Plasti-Dip), it looks more gray now, hardly ever does it look blue to me anymore. Very strange.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I'm waiting for an alien to come and visit me and give me their opinion on my area 51 color.

KevinShook

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
I have a '24 Carbonized Grey Metallic BS BB and it definitely changes color depending on the light. I actually love it.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
I am sure this has been discussed but just noting my car often looks powder blue..........parking lot lights and overcast days zero out the green
That seems to be a feature of many of Ford's current color offerings. For example, orange appears in Eruption Green and Hot Pepper Red appears under certain orientations to a bright sun.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PonyPowerxox

PonyPowerxox

Big Bend
First Name
Ruthie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes the red has orange glitter in it....next time I buy one I may get that color....did not get it this time cause I live in Texas....the sun combined with orange glitter created a glitter bomb look

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I love our cactus gray BS here in the PNW. It certainly reacts to the various shades of filtered light we get here.

I’ve always thought of it as similar to the gray in the agave plant.

Pops Santini

Big Bend
First Name
Pops
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I bought my 2023 BS BB specifically for the Cactus Grey color. Living in the high desert in Northern New Mexico, this color is abundant in most of the plant life. The sage, junipers, grasses, pines, etc. all have the same color changes due to continuous flux in light, temperature, snow & rain. We have few paved roads, and the color doesn't look as dingy as the wide array of other colors out there. The dirt was key in selecting this option. Silver, then White were next if CG wasn't attainable. I think my 2018 F150 was a Stone Grey, which was clearly Brown to anyone else.
Someone must have seen these earthy colors when visiting the factory, South of the border? Probably got the blue and yellow sitting on patio chair drinking caronas.

Not a conspiracy, but can't rule it out:question: Lol:beer::sunglasses:

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
There are a few colors on the BS that change with lighting.
My hot pepper red BS looks orange sometimes and red other times depending on the light.
Sponsored