Bumper and door sill protectors - do they really help protect?

TomRetired

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
As the topic suggests just wondering if these types of accessories really help to keep the vehicle clean and improve future resale value? They aren't very expensive but they do apply by a sticky tape backing. Wonder if this deteriorates and eventually ruins the finish.
Sponsored

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Can't speak to the door sill protectors but I am very glad I installed the bumper protector. In addition to protecting the very scratch prone top surface of the black plastic bumper, it adds a non-slip texture and really dresses up the appearance. It looks "finished" to me - like it should have been there all along.

Ford Bronco Sport Bumper and door sill protectors - do they really help protect? bumper protector

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Can't speak to the door sill protectors but I am very glad I installed the bumper protector. In addition to protecting the very scratch prone top surface of the black plastic bumper, it adds a non-slip texture and really dresses up the appearance. It looks "finished" to me - like it should have been there all along.

Ford Bronco Sport Bumper and door sill protectors - do they really help protect? bumper protector

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21

Nice, is that Ford version or one of the many on Amazon?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I put a vinyl sticker on top of the rocker panels under the door. Eventually a heel or shoelace eyelet will get dragged there. They peel right back off. You could even put that clear tape down like the stuff used for door edges. But it is an area that doesn't show much. I put it there because my last car got a big, big gouge on the passenger side and it always bugged me even though I almost never saw it.

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
My '15 Escape has the same door sill set up. I never gave a thought about putting any kind of protection on them. I just traded it for my BS and they look like the day I picked it up 7 years ago. However, because of a thread on Ranger5G.com, I do have sill protectors on my '19 Ranger. I made them from the factory protectors that were on the previous generation Rangers.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Nice, is that Ford version or one of the many on Amazon?
Official Ford version ordered from my dealer. Installing was very easy. The spray bottle with the soap and water mixture was the trick.

Ramseyi

Badlands
First Name
Ramsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I have an Amazon one that I really like (cost $39). I may have dented the plastic bumper day 1 after dropping a 60# dog kennel on it. ?

Ford Bronco Sport Bumper and door sill protectors - do they really help protect? DD991AFB-EB37-4F04-B527-7B7E44BE9AF6
I have the same at Amazon and looks great on the rear bumper. I have mine for almost 2 months and holding really good.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I ordered the Door sill plates and bumper protector. They should be here next week. I have put these items on other vehicles and I felt they helped protect from scuffs and scrapes.

OP
OP
TomRetired

TomRetired

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I ordered the Door sill plates and bumper protector. They should be here next week. I have put these items on other vehicles and I felt they helped protect from scuffs and scrapes.
Ford parts or Third party?

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have an Amazon one that I really like (cost $39). I may have dented the plastic bumper day 1 after dropping a 60# dog kennel on it. ?

Ford Bronco Sport Bumper and door sill protectors - do they really help protect? DD991AFB-EB37-4F04-B527-7B7E44BE9AF6
I have to say this looks like it gives better coverage and more protection than the OEM protector.
Sponsored