Ryan51173

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
Could it be that they are sitting at the railyard because of the fuel pump recall and a lack of parts? If it’s delivered to the dealer, the dealer starts paying insurance on the vehicle while it sits on the lot and if Ford can’t get the part to the dealer to correct the recall that would mean the dealer starts eating that cost?
Interesting. I went on Fords website and checked my Vin towards any Recall and nothing comes up. With that being said. Maybe their database is not updated? Don’t know?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mhermann596

Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I ordered my BS OB on 6/2/22. Had a minor issue with the original saleswoman. The GM of the dealership worked out a fair deal with me. I personally remember him looking me in the eye and saying delivery could take 4-6 months. On 12/2 it will be 6 months and on 12/3 I will start to get aggravated. My brother factory ordered a Kia K5 in June. He pulled up to my house in August with his factory ordered vehicle. I don’t know how true that all other manufacturers are dealing with this. The hardest part of this is I pass the rail yard on my way to work everyday in Buffalo. This is where my vehicle sits waiting to be delivered to the dealership.
I’m curious if the dealership was telling everyone 4-6 months for delivery? If so it appears that most of us will be outside that promise.
I drive by mine on the way to work too. Still sitting in the yard. It’s next to the red one also going to my dealer.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sports being held at rail yards and not being delivered 853BE1EC-8B69-42E9-8AA1-72AC604E0F39

rotorblond

Outer Banks
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
I called my dealer today and he pulled up my order. He’s still showing delivery dates 11/1-11/9. Ford sent me the dreaded Christmas email pushing me another 7 weeks to 12/20-12/26. I am hoping it’s just a form letter and the Nov dates are accurate. My car is in Atlanta 3 hrs away and it will get trucked to East TN. I can walk to Atlanta faster than 7 weeks!

BroncoDave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called my dealer today and he pulled up my order. He’s still showing delivery dates 11/1-11/9. Ford sent me the dreaded Christmas email pushing me another 7 weeks to 12/20-12/26. I am hoping it’s just a form letter and the Nov dates are accurate. My car is in Atlanta 3 hrs away and it will get trucked to East TN. I can walk to Atlanta faster than 7 weeks!
Wow! That is quite a wait! I hope yours comes in soon... I ordered our Badlands on 9/1 and after two delays from build date of 11/14 and now 12/12, I hope we will see our 2023 in January. Based on your wait, it may be March or so...

Ryan51173

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
Are those November schedule dates original or the second schedule dates?Please keep us informed. My drop dates are (original 10/20-10/26) now 11/2-11/8. When I spoke to the ford rep she said 11/14 was what she showed for the actual schedule delivery? If I don’t get a phone call on Tuesday from the dealership. My next possible hope will come on 11/14. Fingers crossed.

rotorblond

Outer Banks
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Are those November schedule dates original or the second schedule dates?Please keep us informed. My drop dates are (original 10/20-10/26) now 11/2-11/8. When I spoke to the ford rep she said 11/14 was what she showed for the actual schedule delivery? If I don’t get a phone call on Tuesday from the dealership. My next possible hope will come on 11/14. Fingers crossed.
I hope you have better luck.
My dates are
5/10 ordered
8/27 built
10/10 shipped
Delivery ETA 9/24-9/30; 11/3-11/9; now 12/20-12/26

I will keep you posted. I’m learning the art of patience.

Annieann

Outer Banks
First Name
Vicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
My dealership also told me it would be a 4-6 month wait when I ordered mine in
February. I am going on my 10th month of waiting. Mine is currently at United
Road in Memphis on hold for 4 weeks now and it's only about 4 hours from my
house. You can't even imagine the level of aggravation that I am at right now.

OP
OP
Mhermann596

Mhermann596

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I could imaging. I’m ready to walk away from my Bronco. I’m giving Ford one more week, I can’t lose any more value in my trade in than I already have.

Ryan51173

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
10 months! That’s beyond unacceptable and I cant imagine what that’s like. I wish I had your patience’s. If I am delayed past 6 months I might be looking at other options. Just seen a Bronco commercial with Broncos be unloaded off a hauler. I was like how dare they! Lol It’s like False advertisement haha.
I wish someone in this forum had an In at Ford and would reveal why this is happening. Is truly labor shortages? I think Ford could do a better job on letting us know what and why.

Ryan51173

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
I had a Bronco II in the 80's and I just loved it. My father worked at Ford Glass Plant for 40 years
and we always bought Ford vehicles. He died years ago. The last car I purchased was a Jeep and I always felt bad because I knew my father wouldn't have approved. When I heard Ford
was making the Bronco again I just had to get one in his memory. That's why I keep waiting
With that being said. It will be worth your wait. Enjoy that day when you receive it!

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Stopped in at the dealer that ordered the Badlands for my wife in August since we were nearby to pick up an eastern European food order at a Russian Orthodox church. Yum!

Salesman knew about my wife's BS moved to 1/2. Said he gets the same e-mails we receive from Ford.

Talked about shipping. A customer's Mustang GT was at the nearby rail yard for 2 months. 11 miles from the dealership. They can't go and pick it up themselves.

Ayer, MA | Automotive Distribution Facilities | Automotive | Shipping Options | Norfolk Southern (nscorp.com)

Separately, I noticed that they had F-150 Lightnings right outside his window. I asked if they get out-of-state calls. All the time. Just received a call from CA. They don't sell out-of-state. They will never see those customers again. They do MSRP (and applicable Ford incentives). They sell to customers in the area.

Last edited:

Rabidheart

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
Mine is also on hold in Wayne, Michigan where it's been for about 5 weeks. Only like 4 hours away. Actually ridiculous. I ordered in April for the winter months and wanted to have it before my baby is born around Christmas which is looking like I might not even have. Really making me consider looking at other cars but it's so close seems like a waste.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I’m not normally a suspicious guy, but I wonder if all of this isn’t a bit of a show as to what the world would be like if the rail worker’s strike were to happen. It makes me also wonder if other cars are hitting delivery issues.
Sponsored