MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Their argument is "Ford can’t make a case for the Bronco Sport as an alternative to the CR-V" because Honda sold a lot of CR-Vs last year when the Bronco Sport wasn't available yet? Pretty pretty weak...

broncobuster2550

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
Oh, and by the way, the Blue Oval tries to sell the Bronco Sport by luring customers with available trail control. For as long as I’ve been a motoring journalist, I haven’t heard of anyone that uses off-road cruise control when off-roading, be it a fellow motoring journalist or an off-road enthusiast.
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but hasn't Off-Road Trail Control only been introduced as a feature within the past couple years, whether on 4Runner or Bronco?

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
I didn’t know that throwing a literal tantrum about an ad now qualifies as “motoring journalism”.

I personally think Ford (and other companies) would be smart to make ads that encourage people to look outside their original scope to see if another class of vehicle might better suit their needs (e.g. Are you thinking about this hatchback? Have you seen this station wagon?). The CR-V is absolutely a competitor to the BS for people who don’t need the off road capability.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but hasn't Off-Road Trail Control only been introduced as a feature within the past couple years, whether on 4Runner or Bronco?
It's been in both Jeep and Toyota vehicles since at least 2014.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I can't figure out if this guy is a Honda shill, Ford hater, or just a mediocre journalist.
Seems like pure click bait to me. Write a headline to get people upset and get them to the website, then the quality of the article doesn't matter.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
I drove both (and several others) before I made a decision. The CR-V is a nice little road car, but once I hit dirt roads the difference was very apparent. He obviously doesn't drive anything.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
"The CR-V is absolutely a competitor to the BS for people who don’t need the off road capability."
I read that three times, " for people who don’t need the off road capability"
Ok to me that means the CR-V is aimed at a different buyer and in no way competes with the Baby Bronc....
Besides I've ridden in a CRV and when asked by the owner what I thought I lied and said it was nice.
It was an absolute POS.
And when that person rode in my Bronco Sport and I told them what it cost they never said another word.
IMO the Cr-v is a tiny low end econo box hatch back car that sits up taller than a honda civic

Last edited:

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Just my two cents on the subject.
I own a Honda CR-V and an Acura RDX. Both are 2019’s. I’m waiting (not so patiently for my BL+BL) I’m trading the Acura in instead of the Honda. The reason?
I want one of my vehicles to achieve good fuel economy in case we get back to $4-5/gallon gas. The Honda is an excellent way to get from point A-B but the fun element is missing. That’s where the Bronco Sport comes in. Comparing the Honda to the Bronco is useless.

GWGorham71

Big Bend
First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Jeep has had hill and or descent control for quite sometime. Since this author (of the crv vs bronco sport article) is clearly a super market parkinglot samurai, they really would not know.
Sponsored

Last edited: