birddog2

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV Bronco Sport Badlands
Most of these comparison articles, and almost all of the comments about them in this forum, miss the point.
Honda CRV is AWD and not intended to compete with a Badlands nor a Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk.
My wife and I just returned from a Montana fishing trip where we put 1100 very comfortable miles on her 2018 CRV Touring.
It does not compare with my 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk in any manner but interior luggage room.
It is less off-road capable but more comfortable and quieter than my Jeep, and we averaged 34.3 mpg.
My 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk has a true locking rear differential, a low range, a true neutral for towing and both uphill/downhill trail control. It is quite off-road capable and gets 20-21 town, 28-30 highway mpg. I have had 108,000 relatively uneventful miles with it.
I remain hopeful that someday Ford will actually make and deliver to me the Badlands that I ordered on 18 March.
I do not expect that it will be as comfortable a road car as my wife's Honda CRV, nor do I expect that it will get the mpg.
I do not expect that it will be better off-road than my Cherokee Trailhawk, but hope that it will meet my needs and that I won't need a low range.
I ordered it because it appeals to me.
Sponsored

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Most of these comparison articles, and almost all of the comments about them in this forum, miss the point.
Honda CRV is AWD and not intended to compete with a Badlands nor a Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk.
My wife and I just returned from a Montana fishing trip where we put 1100 very comfortable miles on her 2018 CRV Touring.
It does not compare with my 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk in any manner but interior luggage room.
It is less off-road capable but more comfortable and quieter than my Jeep, and we averaged 34.3 mpg.
My 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk has a true locking rear differential, a low range, a true neutral for towing and both uphill/downhill trail control. It is quite off-road capable and gets 20-21 town, 28-30 highway mpg. I have had 108,000 relatively uneventful miles with it.
I remain hopeful that someday Ford will actually make and deliver to me the Badlands that I ordered on 18 March.
I do not expect that it will be as comfortable a road car as my wife's Honda CRV, nor do I expect that it will get the mpg.
I do not expect that it will be better off-road than my Cherokee Trailhawk, but hope that it will meet my needs and that I won't need a low range.
I think i actually watched a video where they put a trailhawk and bs against each other...
I think every vehicle is a trage off... Price. Comfort. Capability. Etc. And honestly i think we reached the point where theres not really a terrible vehicle... just what suits people best...

I traded a forester for the bs .. i love the forester and i loved our crv.. i can say that driving the bs feels more like a small truck where as the other two felt more like an oversized car...

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I'd say comfort, the Badlands sport is comfortable. My sister has a Sahara package Jeep four door. Uncomfortable as heck and rides rough and stiff. I'd say mileage, I'm nearing 3K and average 25mpg with casual around town driving. Took a trip to Cleveland which was about 2 hours on the turnpike. Averaged 28mpg trucking 75mph. I think you'll be surprised.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I traded a forester for the bs .. i love the forester and i loved our crv.. i can say that driving the bs feels more like a small truck where as the other two felt more like an oversized car...
The BS drives and feels way more like a body on frame SUV than any other crossover I’ve driven. If I knew nothing about it and you blindfolded me on the first test drive I would have sworn it was riding on a truck platform.
Sponsored