BroncoWoah

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, Ford Ranger
I cannot believe how many times our Bronco Sport FE has been a crutch for us to lean on over just two months. From trips to the sandy brush country in South Texas to driving in snow in January and and now freezing, icy conditions over the last week. This Bronco has not only gotten us through the challenges, it's excelled!

As I'm sure some of you know, Texas doesn't handle below freezing conditions well -we're much better prepared for 120° weather. This week has been challenging for all of us across the entire state. Our failing electrical grid has about half our residents in the cold, water lines are freezing and water pressure dropping, and our roads are frozen over with little equipment to help thaw them. We've had so many friends and family reach out for help to brave this storm, and because of the Bronco Sport we were able to.

Austin is a hilly city and while the combination of ice and hills has been a disaster for most, it's given us a perfect opportunity to test out and see if the Sport was truly the G.O.A.T. Where others had loss of traction and wheel spin, or found themselves sliding down one of our hills because it was too slick, we have yet to have an issues traversing the roads. We've been able to provide transport for friends and neighbors to escape the cold, run errands, or provide shelter.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport  Report - Killing it in the Texas Snowpocolypse IMG_0390

It's been an incredible help for many over the past couple of days, and I couldn't be happier that we were able to provide that help.
Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Heck yeah! Nice!!

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered
I used to live up in Georgetown and remember one really bad icestorm that hit in, I think, 2006(?). My wife commuted to Ft Hood (Darnall) and I tried driving her. Made it up FM 2238 to Ronnie Reagan and EVERYBODY but me was in the ditch on the 5-mile drive! Then those tires spun on my Subaru and I had to turn around. I learned that you had to drive on the grass. It was the only way to get back home.

I wish they made cars the way they do today.

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I cannot believe how many times our Bronco Sport FE has been a crutch for us to lean on over just two months. From trips to the sandy brush country in South Texas to driving in snow in January and and now freezing, icy conditions over the last week. This Bronco has not only gotten us through the challenges, it's excelled!

As I'm sure some of you know, Texas doesn't handle below freezing conditions well -we're much better prepared for 120° weather. This week has been challenging for all of us across the entire state. Our failing electrical grid has about half our residents in the cold, water lines are freezing and water pressure dropping, and our roads are frozen over with little equipment to help thaw them. We've had so many friends and family reach out for help to brave this storm, and because of the Bronco Sport we were able to.

Austin is a hilly city and while the combination of ice and hills has been a disaster for most, it's given us a perfect opportunity to test out and see if the Sport was truly the G.O.A.T. Where others had loss of traction and wheel spin, or found themselves sliding down one of our hills because it was too slick, we have yet to have an issues traversing the roads. We've been able to provide transport for friends and neighbors to escape the cold, run errands, or provide shelter.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport  Report - Killing it in the Texas Snowpocolypse IMG_0390

It's been an incredible help for many over the past couple of days, and I couldn't be happier that we were able to provide that help.
Men... what incredible history... I agree... that is a perfect comercial.... you and Bronco Sport killed....
My baby (Bronco Sport BB area 51) should be on schedule for building the next week.... but now... this weather.... I don't know

cgdmnky

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-150
I concur. Our A51-FE not only looks the part but performed as well. We were able to help an old couple stuck in a snowy,icy,slippery situation in hills here in San Antonio. Most vehicles were struggling or having to go extra slow on the roads. The Bronco Sport handled everything with ease.

This is has been a crazy and scary week. Never seen anything like it.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport  Report - Killing it in the Texas Snowpocolypse IMG_2180

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray BS Badlands, BMW 135i
+1 for the Bronco Sport really proving its worth on the Texas roads this week. Went from sand on South Padre Island last weekend to snow and ice in Austin, and handled everything easily.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport  Report - Killing it in the Texas Snowpocolypse IMG_8314.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport  Report - Killing it in the Texas Snowpocolypse IMG_8259.JPG

Bobaloo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
John, I want your crossbars, where'd you get em and how much were they? Thanks.

Robisten8

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport First Edition, 2020 Ranger Screw
The BS was okay during the weather event in Texas, but my Ranger was better and it doesn't even have GOAT modes. Just my $.02! Slippery mode still left a little to be desired over just a 4WD Hi mode on the Ranger.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's actually the cactus grey, but that's one of the reasons we liked the color so much. Everyone seems to see it differently. It's whiteish greenish blueish greyish.
It's very overcast in the pic, color accuracy probably isn't very high. Love it either way, but am gravitating toward white, it's the only color I can be sure about vs. boy blue, mint green, school bus yellow, same old silver, etc. I like them all actually, but IMHO the lighter and brighter colors show it off better.

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray BS Badlands, BMW 135i
John, I want your crossbars, where'd you get em and how much were they? Thanks.
Mine are the factory Ford Crossbars that I ordered as an option with the car. Should be able to order them from your dealership.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport  Report - Killing it in the Texas Snowpocolypse 1614360483335

Bobaloo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
Mine are the factory Ford Crossbars that I ordered as an option with the car. Should be able to order them from your dealership.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport  Report - Killing it in the Texas Snowpocolypse 1614360483335
Thanks, wonder why it says "available on Badlands" ... I would think they'd fit onto ANY trim's roof rails. hmm
Sponsored