Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
and to clarify my confusion. I understand the reasoning behind your observations and enjoy hearing your thoughts of ownership with this vehicle.

The difference is that you are not crying that this vehicle is a bad financial choice because of “blank” included feature or “blank” missing feature.

My confusion lies with people that share the same reasoning as “the fast lane car”. That.. “it’s dumb to buy a vehicle for 30k without a wood grain, metal, or leather steering wheel”. That’s not a direct quote but that is some people’s reasoning.
yeah haha to each their own. and love to give input on ownership anytime!

i’ve had experience with branding / brand building for only about 5 years but one thing for sure is that you can’t please everyone, and while everybody knows that, the people ford targeted in this certain niche will have their perfectly suited vehicle for a fair price. people that want the main bronco / wrangler capabilities were not part of the specific niche ford was targeting with the sport model, same goes for people that want certain features and so on. it’s all fair game tho, to wish for more or less of certain features and all, but in the end it’s their choice and their money. just didn’t fit the niche that well.

but i did think they were able to widen the audience a good amount, which i applaud. enough for me not to get a subaru, which i thought i was fully invested in.

Sparky

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Explorer Sport, 16 VW Beetle Convertible
it doesn’t appear to be a wrap to me. I haven’t seen one with a black roof in person. And this is the first time I’m hearing that the black roof “appears” to be a wrap.
It must be a wrap as it is a base model. Base models are not available with the black roof.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
Can anyone else confirm this?
Doesn't look like it on my BL. In fact the black side panels scratch pretty easily which is typical of gloss black, softer paint used today. Recommended solution on other cars has been to wrap those, but I am pretty sure this car is just painted, not wrapped. Previous someone posted dealer was actually replacing side panels with scratches - I just lightly buffed swirls out on mine out - you don't see that happen with a wrap.

Bobby L

Outer Banks
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Audi RS5, Ford F-250
Hmmm, not sure what the Badlands interior pkg consists of, but my OB roof is painted black (no wrap) and my steering wheel is a very nice leather wrapped heated steering wheel and feels wonderful especially in this cold weather!
No complaints whatsoever, and we love this baby!!!

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
it doesn’t appear to be a wrap to me. I haven’t seen one with a black roof in person. And this is the first time I’m hearing that the black roof “appears” to be a wrap.
Here is where the black top joins into the rest of the body:

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Quality in Real Life 20210112_181455_LI

Looking more closely at this over the weekend, it appears that it was sprayed on (so not a wrap in the traditional sense, my bad), but it also isn't a typical paint, but more of a very smooth plastic-like coating, with a very sharp cut-off, clearly from a masking process. the coating is thick and smooth enough though that on my 1st pass it indeed looked like it had been applied on rather than sprayed, until I got to the spot circled in the pic.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Just picked up my BL yesterday so 3 very short rides so far. Each time I drive it, I can't wait until the next drive even more. No strong opinions yet but I think that motor will be quite fun and the vehicle feels solid and truck-like and that's a good thing! Got stuck behind a slow moving Jeep and decided to give it a little gas. It gets up and moves!

Kperry62

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Since a number of folks here are now actually driving their own Sports, what has your general impression been in terms of design and manufacturing quality? Any particular issues come up so far?
Although I’ve only had my Outer Banks for two days, I am very happy with it. Fun to drive, plenty of comfort features. I have the navy interior with Area 51 and it looks sharp. This is my first new car since 2011 and honestly I’m amazed at all of the technology Integrated into this car. No problem with the feel of the steering wheel either. ? Nice that it heats up.

Love it. Thanks, Ford.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
The black roof is a wrap?? So it's painted body color underneath it? Interesting, wraps aren't known for longevity....
It's a painted roof, and you just found out what really good paint work can look like.
Kudo's Ford :p

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
It has some of the best initial quality I've seen from Ford. The fit/finish are superb. There's been a bit of glue here and there and some light scratches from delivery (thanks to the group that peeled the protective plastic off... they scratched some of the B-Pillar glossy black pieces). Other than that, the seats are stitched well, the doors have a NICE solid "thunk" when you close them, the lights are nicely aligned and bright-as-the-sun. If I was nit-picking, I really wish there was a seatbelt thread that kept the seatbelt from pinching behind the rear seats. Someone at the dealership closed a belt in the latch and now I have a bit of fraying I will be reporting to them for repair. This was a problem from my 2011 Escape, so I'm surprised they haven't fixed it by now. Other than that, build-quality appears to be really great. I also need to mention how blown away I am by Ford's Co-Pilot 360+ features... the Intelligent Cruise Control is almost complete automatic driving. The car actually steers itself and follows the center of the lane while speeding-up/slowing-down depending on the tolerance you set and traffic conditions. It allows you to lightly hold onto the steering wheel (and you MUST be touching it...the car will remind you) but the car basically drives itself on the highway. It's truly amazing that the tech has come this far.

Last edited:

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I had my BB ceramic coated and the guy that did the work said the dealer did a pretty good job with the car when I took delivery. Some light scratching but overall, the paint was in good shape.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
I had my BB ceramic coated and the guy that did the work said the dealer did a pretty good job with the car when I took delivery. Some light scratching but overall, the paint was in good shape.
How much did that run you? I’ve been debating on doing that.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
How much did that run you? I’ve been debating on doing that.

He is a local guy that has ceramic coated my other cars. He did paint correction( paint was in good shape), and he charged me $400. I am a repeat customer and I have him detail my vehicles one-a-month.

GA_Pete

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE
I've had my FE for a week now and have 450 miles on it, about 90% of which is city driving in Atlanta.

My initial impressions of the build quality is very good. The fit and finish is quite good. I went against a life long rule of never buy a car the first year it's in production, however, I researched the hell out of this vehicle, watched every YouTube review I could find and decided to take the plunge.

I did not order my Area 51 - FE. I bought it off the lot. Mine does not have the adaptive cruise control but I don't think I'll miss it. I've never had a vehicle with that functionality so I can't miss what I've never had. :) Aside from that the FE trim level came with just about everything I would want.

One thing I do miss is side mirrors which tilt down in reverse. The back up camera is nice but I tend to use the mirrors more when in reverse. I may look into an after market option later if I find not having that functionality is an annoyance but for now it's not a big deal.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Quality in Real Life BroncoSport00

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Quality in Real Life BroncoSport01

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Quality in Real Life BroncoSport02
Sponsored