Bronco Sport Price Increases in a Few Days...

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered
From Blue Oval Forums [ https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70860-ford-retail-price-increases/&page=4 ]:

"Mid-Year Pricing Effective February 28, 2022 and March 1, 2022
EFFECTIVE DATE
Dealer Invoice changes will be effective February 28th, 2022 and March 1st, 2022...

...RETAIL PRICE INCREASES BY VEHICLE LINE - Effective February 28, 2022
Bronco Sport
  • Increase Base series price $750 MSRP
  • Increase Big Bend series price $1,000 MSRP
  • Increase Outer Banks series price $500 MSRP
  • Increase Badlands series price $500 MSRP"
Just a heads-up
Sponsored

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I would assume. Those who already placed an order are locked into their original pricing?

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
never really seen vehicles appreciate in value unless it's an old muscle car lol. go bronco sports!

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
I would assume. Those who already placed an order are locked into their original pricing?
That's my understanding from what I've read here and over at Blue Oval.

Also, I spoke with the sales manager at our local dealer recently and he confirmed that we would pay the price we had agreed to when we ordered back in December, and the dealership would get reimbursed by Ford.

Of course, it's not a done deal yet...

Near as I can tell, it's become more common recently with the frequent price increases, but there could be sales people who are not aware of "price protection". Our salesman told us several times that my wife and I would have to pay any price increases.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Maybe they are going to install engine covers, digital temp dials, folding rear headrests, and a lighted ignition button again!

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Maybe they are going to install engine covers, digital temp dials, folding rear headrests, and a lighted ignition button again!
I thought the ignition button still lit up but just a passive blue like the rest of the dials at night? No bright green led to signal the engine is on, but at least it still has some light for night time naviation of the dials and stuff. Maby I'm wrong? Perhaps someone could check their 2022 models and confirm or deny this.

jsus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmm
I thought the ignition button still lit up but just a passive blue like the rest of the dials at night? No bright green led to signal the engine is on, but at least it still has some light for night time naviation of the dials and stuff. Maby I'm wrong? Perhaps someone could check their 2022 models and confirm or deny this.
The button is backlit so you can find and read it in the dark. It does not have an additional green LED built into it to indicate that the vehicle is on, like earlier builds did.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
I dont care so much about the engine cover or the folding headrests, but I wonder if in the future we'll be able to purchase and swap out for the digital temp dials.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
The BS price will continue to rise until sales slow down. This sets Ford up to use rebates and other incentives. All car makers will and have always charged all the market will stand for.
My Base model will most likely top out about $32,000 plus destination fee’s. Top trims will settle at or about $42,000 This will also pave the way for the Big Bronco prices to go way up. A product for every budget.

ErikaFrzn

Big Bend
First Name
Erika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Sport, '15 Explorer, ‘22 Trail Boss
I dont care so much about the engine cover or the folding headrests, but I wonder if in the future we'll be able to purchase and swap out for the digital temp dials.
Same here, after looking at all the changes from ‘21 to ‘22 BB, the only thing that might irk me is the lack of display on the temp dial. I realize it is displayed on the screen but, still would be much better on the actual dial.
Never before have I felt I missed out on features due to purchasing a newer model year. Times are, indeed, unprecedented. I had to pay more and got less.
Oh well, still looking forward to some great adventures with this vehicle!

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
The button is backlit so you can find and read it in the dark. It does not have an additional green LED built into it to indicate that the vehicle is on, like earlier builds did.
Correct, no LED.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
...the only thing that might irk me is the lack of display on the temp dial. I realize it is displayed on the screen but, still would be much better on the actual dial.
I actually prefer it on the screen so I don't look down.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Yah it did have folding rear headrests? Mine had none of it
My '22 BL has none of what I listed.

Honestly the fixed headrests are a bummer as we fought with those on our '12 Focus. I wish Ford would take a page out of Toyota's book and design rear seats that fold without any extra fiddling around, and actually fold flat. Our '05 Matrix was really cleverly designed. But we don't use them very often so it's not the end of the world either.

I'd happily forgo the rest of the items on the list for intelligent access on the rear door handles.
Sponsored