Bronco Sport owners waving

jamaicandave

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I'm in the Ottawa, Canada area. Big Bend, purchased last August. Around here I have Bronco Sport and Bronco owners waving as they approach on 2 lane roads, like motorcyclists generally do. It's easy to identify a Bronco Sport or Bronco as most trim levels have the words in big letters on the front grille. Is this an Ottawa Valley thing or have you seen this too?
Sponsored

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
When first bought my BB 4/30/2021 I could go days without seeing another. Kinda had a natural urge to acknowledge a fellow BS when you spotted one. Recently had pizza outdoors with the kids and I was amazed at the number of Broncos and Sports that passed by. The notion of something unique is long gone at least in an urban area. Doesnā€™t lessen my enjoyment of it one bit.

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm in the Ottawa, Canada area. Big Bend, purchased last August. Around here I have Bronco Sport and Bronco owners waving as they approach on 2 lane roads, like motorcyclists generally do. It's easy to identify a Bronco Sport or Bronco as most trim levels have the words in big letters on the front grille. Is this an Ottawa Valley thing or have you seen this too?
Same here - Sioux Lookout, Ontario, Canada.
Much smaller than Ottawa (3500 people) but 7 or 8 Bronco Sports and 2-3 Big Broncos!!!
I can confirm the greeting/waving, even though less than at the beginning. Also small talks
at parking lots, etc., rolling down the window: "nice car!" ... between two Bronco owners ... kind of funny.
Also high beam flashing on the highway, easy recognizable with unique front grill/headlights.
First Bronco owners were/felt special because we had to wait so long for one (6 month-2021 shortage) ... and all the waiting and effort invested. Now there are more and more and it is a bit less exciting.
All in all, Broncos are a noticeable / visibly outstanding vehicles, so different from all other small SUVs - all look alike, slanting blobs. Reason enough to recognize each other.

Cheers
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport owners waving NewBronco-Oct30-2021-1a

Kraken1

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
I have the 2021 Big Bend up here in the Barry's Bay area, 2 hours north of Ottawa. It took some time but I got almost everyone with a Bronco waving at each other as we pass, even the old ladies.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I see a lot of Broncos around here but nobody waves or honks or does anything.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Iā€™m in Oakville where there are lots of Broncos (Ford head office and plant) and have had my Badlands since February 2021. Iā€™ve never seen anyone wave to me and, frankly, Iā€™m glad. I think itā€™s kind of dumb.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I've found that in rural areas, people often wave at you regardless of what you're driving. To me it means "yeah, I'd stop and help you if you needed it."

Once in California, I stopped to help an older couple dig their car out of a snowbank. Another guy from Nevada stopped to help also. All of the CA drivers just kept going.

I've had lots of folks ask me how I like my Sport. I always tell them I love it.

Retrosport

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Same here - Sioux Lookout, Ontario, Canada.
Much smaller than Ottawa (3500 people) but 7 or 8 Bronco Sports and 2-3 Big Broncos!!!
I can confirm the greeting/waving, even though less than at the beginning. Also small talks
at parking lots, etc., rolling down the window: "nice car!" ... between two Bronco owners ... kind of funny.
Also high beam flashing on the highway, easy recognizable with unique front grill/headlights.
First Bronco owners were/felt special because we had to wait so long for one (6 month-2021 shortage) ... and all the waiting and effort invested. Now there are more and more and it is a bit less exciting.
All in all, Broncos are a noticeable / visibly outstanding vehicles, so different from all other small SUVs - all look alike, slanting blobs. Reason enough to recognize each other.
Love your OB color selection. One of my personal favorite colors with nice contrast with black roof.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Gilbert Arizona, but that also applies to other towns around here I go througth, Mesa, Chandler, Tempe, Phoenix, Casa Grande to name a few.

There are a ton of Broncos around, both flavors, but no waves or honks.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I've found that in rural areas, people often wave at you regardless of what you're driving. To me it means "yeah, I'd stop and help you if you needed it."

Once in California, I stopped to help an older couple dig their car out of a snowbank. Another guy from Nevada stopped to help also. All of the CA drivers just kept going.

I've had lots of folks ask me how I like my Sport. I always tell them I love it.
When you live in the most populated state itā€™s like you see someone, acknowledge their existence and kinda move on.

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Sounds kinda like the ā€œJeep Waveā€ from 20 years ago. Out in rural Manitoba we wave at everyone. šŸ˜‰