MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
https://fordauthority.com/2022/07/2022-ford-bronco-sport-owners-are-highly-satisfied-with-their-vehicles/

Highest ranked small SUV huh? I can believe that based on the response here for sure. But then the article states it beat out the Mini Countryman & Nissan Kicks. That’s the small SUV class? Suddenly this seem like an easy win for the Sport.

https://www.jdpower.com/cars/rankings/suvs/compact-and-small-suvs/2022?awardsegment=small-suv
Not quite the way it looks from this link I found, but still pretty much at the top. But yes, given the ‘small SUV’ competition it would be hard to find a better choice I’d think.
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Here I always figured it’s competition is other compacts, RAV4, CRV, Forester, Escape, etc. I guess it is a bit shorter. So small enough, but large enough to be comfortable.
Sport beats Rav4 by just a little on total passenger volume, is about tied with CRV, loses a little to Forester. Of course you take any of those against a Badlands off road and the Bronco will win hands down.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Here I always figured it’s competition is other compacts, RAV4, CRV, Forester, Escape, etc. I guess it is a bit shorter. So small enough, but large enough to be comfortable.
That's what I shopped the B.S. against (plus Mazda), but Ford's 'official' word has been to position the B.S. against the smaller SUVs mentioned in the article. I wonder how much that plays out amongst buyers "IRL" -- the Blazer and Renegade never crossed my mind.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
That's what I shopped the B.S. against (plus Mazda), but Ford's 'official' word has been to position the B.S. against the smaller SUVs mentioned in the article. I wonder how much that plays out amongst buyers "IRL" -- the Blazer and Renegade never crossed my mind.
No, to me it seems there’s a whole ‘subcompact’ class that exists below the Sport. Narrower than comparable compacts & shorter yet again. Trailblazer & Renegade as you mentioned, various Kias, the subject article mention of the Kicks. Not even necessarily 4WD/AWD. Tall hatchbacks. Nothing wrong with that, just a size too small for me, but nothing that I’d be comparing the Sport to either.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Of course FordAuthority is going to say its the best. It's FordAuthority where Ford is life lol. Now if this was on say like GMAuthority or MotorAuthority, I would be more inclined to believe the statement as it wouldn't have been so biased.

Either way, I'm pumped to get my BS someday. Still waiting for shipment for 3 weeks now just about lol.

Reactions: MJE

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Of course FordAuthority is going to say its the best. It's FordAuthority where Ford is life lol. Now if this was on say like GMAuthority or MotorAuthority, I would be more inclined to believe the statement as it wouldn't have been so biased.

Either way, I'm pumped to get my BS someday. Still waiting for shipment for 3 weeks now just about lol.
I’m going out on a limb and guessing your BSBL will be at your dealer by the end on next week. Any other predictions, guys?

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I love my Badlands. I don’t give a rat’s ass what it’s compared to.
Same here. 😂 😂

There's so many things I love about it... but the most obvious is the fact it doesn't look all the other SUVs on the road while reminding me a lot of the Bronco II my dad drove me around in back in the mid 1980's.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Nothing about my 2021 BS reminds me or even remotely resembles the old jalopy called the Bronco II.
Not even the II, only the Bronco name is from the old ones.
I actually thought I was looking at a new model Range Rover when I saw my BS for the first time.
I did a crap ton of looking and found a Range Rover model that FORD obviously copied. There are a dozen details on the body of my BS that scream Range Rover.
But man did Ford execute with perfection the overall package.
I like many looked at a crap ton of the current SUV herd that’s available from ALL the other manufacturers and not a single one had anything I wanted in the style, size, and category that these Bronco Sports clearly dominate.
My only concern is the extreme complexity of the vehicle.
At around 80-90,000 miles I’ll trade my BS in for a AWD Maverick.
I’m hoping in four years I can get a Hybrid AWD Mav and get a 40 mpg avg.
FORD if you keep this up your going to dominate the entire Auto Industry.
And I’ll do my best to support you.
And Ford Corporate you need to listen to me.
Bring down the complexity of your vehicles, bring it way way down.
Auto stop start, head lamp fans,
Really ? Give me a break.
I do dig the louvers in front of my radiator:’P

Tom 5778

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange OB, Factory Five Racing roadster
https://fordauthority.com/2022/07/2022-ford-bronco-sport-owners-are-highly-satisfied-with-their-vehicles/

Highest ranked small SUV huh? I can believe that based on the response here for sure. But then the article states it beat out the Mini Countryman & Nissan Kicks. That’s the small SUV class? Suddenly this seem like an easy win for the Sport.

https://www.jdpower.com/cars/rankings/suvs/compact-and-small-suvs/2022?awardsegment=small-suv
Not quite the way it looks from this link I found, but still pretty much at the top. But yes, given the ‘small SUV’ competition it would be hard to find a better choice I’d think.
Interesting that if you scroll down in the jdpower linked article, there is a link for compact SUVs. In that list Is the Ford Escape. Explain that.

OP
OP
MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Interesting that if you scroll down in the jdpower linked article, there is a link for compact SUVs. In that list Is the Ford Escape. Explain that.
The list with the Bronco Sport calls them ‘small’ SUV’s. The link with the Escape calls them ‘compact’ SUV’s. I’m not sure what the difference is.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
The list with the Bronco Sport calls them ‘small’ SUV’s. The link with the Escape calls them ‘compact’ SUV’s. I’m not sure what the difference is.
The difference is somewhere between small and compact! 😎

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape