JR Hagadorn

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I ordered my Bronco Sport Outer Banks in January and it was delivered via freight train from Coahilla Mexico in April. I love this car- its my 35th- so I can compare it to lots of makes and models.

It's by far the best I've ever owned. It was a long decision between the Badlands and the Outer Banks but being i live only an hour and a half north of North Carolina's Outer Banks with 182 miles of beaches you can drive on (with a permit) I figured I'd give the Outer Banks a test. That will come in following reviews. The model Big Bend I test drove had all-terrain Continentals on it but this came with Michelin Primacy's on it- touring tires. The Outer banks asks that all vehicle tires be deflated to 18 pounds- and the truth is- given the flatter tire, I'll bet the 4 Michelins work fine. I'm definitely going to try them before I switch to a more aggressive tread pattern. Also-take note- the Outer Banks does not feature front tow hooks as does the Badlands- however, if you get the tow package it has rings for hooks/straps on either side of the rear tow hitch, and the exhaust pipes are up and out of the way which should make it easy to get pulled out if that becomes necessary. I'll let you know how it handles as soon as I can take it down there. If you've already done it please join the thread.

As to this awesome vehicle- I got the 1.5 litre 3 cylinder and that turbo charged engine does 60 in 7.5- I've got all I need with regard to power and the gas mileage is hanging around28MPG. I got the moonroof, the Bang & Olafson Sound system, and the organizer for the rear- which I highly recommend if you're still looking to buy.

As for handling- it has no sway at all around turns, it sits up, and its a lot beefier than any Escape. Hint- to get a full size spare get the tow package. I got the roof racks for fishing rod holders. By the way, there are a number of "air-up" stations on the Outer Banks.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Outer Banks My Review #1 Bronco Exteriro front

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Outer Banks My Review #1 Bronco Interior

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Outer Banks My Review #1 Bronco Inter5ior
Sponsored

AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Very nice! Curious, what is the color name of your interior as stated on the sticker? Mine arrives in a few weeks and I think I have a different version of the brown interior.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
looks great. Just a personal thing, if you plan to beach it a lot, I'd suggest the rubber floor mats. It will make cleanup a lot better. We went mountain biking and the girls opted for beach chairing. Sand all over, popped the floor mats out, shook the sand back onto the beach...good to go. Might save you some shop vac work down the road.

OP
OP

JR Hagadorn

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Very nice! Curious, what is the color name of your interior as stated on the sticker? Mine arrives in a few weeks and I think I have a different version of the brown interior.
There are only two colors offered. One is "Roast' which is brown.black. The other is Navy Pier, which is blue /Grey. Hope this helps.

OP
OP

JR Hagadorn

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
looks great. Just a personal thing, if you plan to beach it a lot, I'd suggest the rubber floor mats. It will make cleanup a lot better. We went mountain biking and the girls opted for beach chairing. Sand all over, popped the floor mats out, shook the sand back onto the beach...good to go. Might save you some shop vac work down the road.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Nice , I have Michelin A/S on our OB & had no problem on the beach , they even had too much air in them from the factory . GOAT , Sand mode in low & something that I didn't do & I will next time , is take Traction control off . Had no issues going through loose deep sand .

OP
OP

JR Hagadorn

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks- and how did those mountain bikes fit? The "Safari roof" on the Sport really gives clearance inside. The first thing my 6ft 2 son noticed was the extra headroom in side.

OP
OP

JR Hagadorn

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Nice , I have Michelin A/S on our OB & had no problem on the beach , they even had too much air in them from the factory . GOAT , Sand mode in low & something that I didn't do & I will next time , is take Traction control off . Had no issues going through loose deep sand .
Thats great! Thanks for this feedback. I'll make a note to take Traction Control off.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thanks- and how did those mountain bikes fit? The "Safari roof" on the Sport really gives clearance inside. The first thing my 6ft 2 son noticed was the extra headroom in side.
I have an older 26" and a 26" fat tire. Both fit, had to rearrange my fork mount a little but they went in. Rear tires nestled between the front seats. It's a close fit but it does work. If you have a hitch, the bike racks would offer more choices. and same here, my 6'5" son had plenty of room, front and back seat, that's one of the reasons I decided the sport would work. Not sure where the heck he got the height, I'm 6' on a really good day.

BH62

Badlands
First Name
Barrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands with Badlands package
Curious... was told by Ford and 2 local dealers i can not get Outer Banks with moonroof now...maybe will be back with 2022???? I had ordered a Badlands with Badlands pkg in April which got completely stalled and now cancelled for a 2022

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nice ride. You must have a special 1.5 liter engine, the magazine road tests put the 0-60 time at 8.5-8.6 seconds. If you actually drove a Badlands other than than just around the dealers test route you wouldn't have chosen the 1.5, the difference compared to the 2.0 is very noticeable, although the Outer Banks added creature comforts are nice and hard to pass up. Enjoy!

OP
OP

JR Hagadorn

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Nice ride. You must have a special 1.5 liter engine, the magazine road tests put the 0-60 time at 8.5-8.6 seconds. If you actually drove a Badlands other than than just around the dealers test route you wouldn't have chosen the 1.5, the difference compared to the 2.0 is very noticeable, although the Outer Banks added creature comforts are nice and hard to pass up. Enjoy!

OP
OP

JR Hagadorn

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I checked and the 8.5 seconds you give is correct. That's quick enough for me and I don't plan on taking the old route across the Bighorns. I'll be on the beaches. If these chip shortages continue the 2021 Bronco Sports may become a collector's item.
Sponsored