Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Bronco Sport showing the effectiveness of having GOAT Modes in dealing with different terrains, including climbs and slippery surfaces. Not sure exactly which mode it's in here, but it's likely Sand mode.

Ford's Description of G.O.A.T. Modes:

Adjust your drive mode to match the environment. The Ford Bronco Sport features five standard G.O.A.T. Modes (Goes Over Any Type of Terrain): Sand, Slippery, Sport, Eco and Normal. The ever-capable Badlands model comes with two additional modes: Mud/Ruts and Rock Crawl. 2020 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands shown.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport G.O.A.T. mode at work Bronco Sport GOAT Modes
Sponsored

Last edited:

Grove_LA

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150
Thats most likely my rig. I’d go with the dark blue or other colors if a white top option was available. A black top on the white isn’t too bad though. Kinda want to change it up considering the F150 is white.
Only needs a small lift and and the bigger tires like the trail rig version and I’ll be happy.

Phillyman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mb
Possibly stupid question - What’s the button right over the goat mode buttons? (The hand in the circle that says “on”)

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Possibly stupid question - What’s the button right over the goat mode buttons? (The hand in the circle that says “on”)
I would guess that is the "Trail Control" button. "effectively cruise control for off-roading. It maxes out at up to 20 mph going forward, or 6 mph in reverse, and leaves the Bronco Sport to handle the throttle and the brakes. The driver, then, can focus on steering. There, an optional off-road camera with lens washer might help. Rock Crawl mode tweaks the electronic power steering for more precision in low-speed maneuvers. "

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
The more I see it in action the more impressed I am. I hope to finalize my order today on a Badlands.

Rickycardo

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Thor Hurricane RV
That looks like the same button on my wife's Volvo XC40. On hers it activates automatic braking so when you stop at a light you can take your foot off the brake pedal and the vehicle won't move until you press the accelerator.

Rickycardo

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Thor Hurricane RV
Btw its a real PITA when you're trying to creep forward in the garage without running into the refrigerator. How do I know this?

Petes

Badlands
First Name
Petes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Limited
According to the eBook posted the other day - it’s the auto-hold switch. Keeps the car stopped if you’re uphill/downhill or in traffic and take the foot off the brake pedal.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport G.O.A.T. mode at work 0B09E8CD-6F55-4A94-8D52-0A1D5F467D51

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Does the climate control not have a single button for Floor/Defrost setting? Or does one push both buttons to get that in this system?
EDIT: I guess YES - just noticed there's no "Face & Legs" button either so I guess the system allows you to push whatever button combo you need? (Does that mean one can do FACE & DEFROST ?? which I have never seen in a climate control before)

And what's that button next to the rear defrost button, that has defrost icon with "MAX"? Is that an additional setting apart from the regular defrost button that I also see?
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport G.O.A.T. mode at work 1597798160524

And thank god the "passenger Airbag" is also backlit in blue and not YELLOW - Ugh! It's a real eyesore in my 2010 Escape where everything else is blue.

Last edited:

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Its the Auto Start-Stop toggle off/on button
Rented a Jeep with that “feature” this past winter. Almost was a deal breaker here. I’m thinking hitting the button will become automatic after a while. Just not a fan of the auto stop/start engine.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rented a Jeep with that “feature” this past winter. Almost was a deal breaker here. I’m thinking hitting the button will become automatic after a while. Just not a fan of the auto stop/start engine.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Btw its a real PITA when you're trying to creep forward in the garage without running into the refrigerator. How do I know this?
LOL with the Bronco sport you can back-in using the rear parking sensors. I have come to love that feature on my 2010 Escape as I always back in when I park, no matter where.
Sponsored