nyhcinaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Does the climate control not have a single button for Floor/Defrost setting? Or does one push both buttons to get that in this system?
EDIT: I guess YES - just noticed there's no "Face & Legs" button either so I guess the system allows you to push whatever button combo you need? (Does that mean one can do FACE & DEFROST ?? which I have never seen in a climate control before)

And what's that button next to the rear defrost button, that has defrost icon with "MAX"? Is that an additional setting apart from the regular defrost button that I also see?
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport G.O.A.T. mode at work 1597798160524

And thank god the "passenger Airbag" is also backlit in blue and not YELLOW - Ugh! It's a real eyesore in my 2010 Escape where everything else is blue.
maybe a windshield wiper deicer?
Sponsored

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
That wouldn't need a "MAX" setting though, right IDK - you maybe right..
BUT - I remember reading somewhere if equipped, the windshield wiper de-icer simply turns on whenever rear defroster is turned on... doesn't sound like a dedicated button was there...

autonathan

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lincoln Town Car
Does the climate control not have a single button for Floor/Defrost setting? Or does one push both buttons to get that in this system?
EDIT: I guess YES - just noticed there's no "Face & Legs" button either so I guess the system allows you to push whatever button combo you need? (Does that mean one can do FACE & DEFROST ?? which I have never seen in a climate control before)

And what's that button next to the rear defrost button, that has defrost icon with "MAX"? Is that an additional setting apart from the regular defrost button that I also see?
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport G.O.A.T. mode at work 1597798160524

And thank god the "passenger Airbag" is also backlit in blue and not YELLOW - Ugh! It's a real eyesore in my 2010 Escape where everything else is blue.
Max defrost is a "one-touch" defrost in Ford vehicles. That one button turns the temperature all the way up as well as the fan speed. It turns the front and rear defrosters on too. It's a convenience feature so you don't have to fumble with the controls. Max A/C does the same thing, but cold and no defrost. lol The rear defrost turns on heated mirrors and wiper de-icer too.
Sponsored