Headsong

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Toyota Tundra
Here is every measurement I could think of for the cargo area of the Bronco Sport Badlands package. All measurements in inches taken three times and rounded to the nearest quarter inch. If anyone has questions or needs something I missed just ask.

Bronco Sport Cargo Trunk Area Measurement Dimensions 1.jpg

Bronco Sport Cargo Trunk Area Measurement Dimensions 2.jpg

Bronco Sport Cargo Trunk Area Measurement Dimensions 3.jpg

Bronco Sport Cargo Trunk Area Measurement Dimensions 4.jpg

front.jpg
In the second pic, the two aqua lines o on the left... 59 and 76. I assume 59 is length of the space? What's the 76?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Thatch

Thatch

Badlands
First Name
TAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Cherokee, 72 CJ5, 2017 GTI
In the second pic, the two aqua lines o on the left... 59 and 76. I assume 59 is length of the space? What's the 76?
59" and 76" are the min and max lengths to the back of the front seats. The way they were taken is 59 is from the tailgate to the front edge of the rear seats when down. 76" was with the front seats all the way forward then leaned as far forward as they would go.

I will make a key for all the measurements. Thanks.

Headsong

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Toyota Tundra
59" and 76" are the min and max lengths to the back of the front seats. The way they were taken is 59 is from the tailgate to the front edge of the rear seats when down. 76" was with the front seats all the way forward then leaned as far forward as they would go.

I will make a key for all the measurements. Thanks.
Thx. So I still end up with a 5' 'bed'.....compared to 6' in the big boy. I'm moving from a pickup, so figure to just leave the rear seats down or removed.....not too bad.

Dino

Big Bend
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Kia Sportage
Thank you so much for this. I'm looking for 2 more measurements please. For the rear glass window opening height when flipped up. I have a small kayak with a deck height of 13.1 inches that I have been able to slide into the back of other vehicles with flip up rear windows (older Honda CRV and Kia Sportage). Until I'm able to bring the kayak to a dealer to test if it fits was looking for measurements of the height of the rear glass opening top to bottom, and top to the top of the rear wiper housing. Thinking that the kayak upside down can fit the wiper housing in the cockpit if I can fit it in. Worst case I would have to put it on the roof but as an old guy with a bad back that can be hard as I generally like to go fishing alone.

Also wondering if there is an alarm that sounds when the rear glass is open and the vehicle is being driven (like on some Toyota Highlanders). Would like to disable that if that's the case.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
It's tiny, maybe 9" high, fitting a grocery bag through that little window would be tough.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Thank you so much for this. I'm looking for 2 more measurements please. For the rear glass window opening height when flipped up. I have a small kayak with a deck height of 13.1 inches that I have been able to slide into the back of other vehicles with flip up rear windows (older Honda CRV and Kia Sportage). Until I'm able to bring the kayak to a dealer to test if it fits was looking for measurements of the height of the rear glass opening top to bottom, and top to the top of the rear wiper housing. Thinking that the kayak upside down can fit the wiper housing in the cockpit if I can fit it in. Worst case I would have to put it on the roof but as an old guy with a bad back that can be hard as I generally like to go fishing alone.

Also wondering if there is an alarm that sounds when the rear glass is open and the vehicle is being driven (like on some Toyota Highlanders). Would like to disable that if that's the case.
Even if it’s large enough to fit (I’m not sure) I wouldn’t recommend driving with it open. I’ve seen elsewhere warnings about carbon monoxide/exhaust fumes backdraft through the open window due to the short distance from exhaust to window and overall vehicle aerodynamics. Fine for a quick drive, but I wouldn’t make it a habit or for long distance hauls if you’re further from the lake.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
If you open a second window there is airflow. Wouldn’t the tiny bronco on the window with a board sticking out have a ? if you shouldn’t do this. Maybe high speeds might “damage” it but nothing wrong with driving like this. There is also tie down hooks in the cargo area
I thought about the second window after posting but was too lazy to make the edit. Thanks!

OP
OP
Thatch

Thatch

Badlands
First Name
TAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Cherokee, 72 CJ5, 2017 GTI

Here you go. Its fairly small at 11" tall and 8.75" over the wiper housing and 36" long. Not sure if you should drive with it open but I did a small pull forward and backup with it open and you can dismiss the warning. At slow speeds there is no audible warning. There is a small visual warning in the top corner when you dismiss it.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) 20210120_173056

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) 20210120_173100 copy

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) hatch

Dino

Big Bend
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Kia Sportage
Thank you kindly Thatch, that's very helpful indeed! Smaller than I hoped but not a deal breaker for me. May now have to investigate those fancy kayak loading systems for the roof rack.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It compresses some but I would not expect it to go completely flat. I just went out and put my weight on it and got 1" of compression at the front. That is about half the rise so maybe with some time you could get it to compress down but not all the way.

On the BL with a full size spare there is maybe a 1/4 inch step or lip but it compresses to nothing. (see the pic. Sorry about the dog hair already accumulating in it.) I lifted the cargo mat so you could see both the small rise and the small gap between cargo and seat back. If you don't have the full size spare you can set the cargo floor lower and it seems like it would have about a 2 inch gain so that would cause there to be a rise at the seats.

I will try and get some time to remove the spare and lower the floor for additional measurements for those who chose not to get the BL.
20201227_175032.jpg
I thought of removing/replacing the full-size spare for those wanting those extra 2+ cu. ft. of cargo room -- the side panels are molded to handle either higher/lower cargo floor position. BUT -- the Badlands cargo deck has a large extended lip reaching down to meet the bumper area, I'd doubt this version of the cargo deck would fit in the lower position whatever is or isn't stowed beneath it?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I just stuffed my 72" long, 31.5" high, 36" wide Terra Trike Rambler All Terrain Tadpole trike In my
Baby Bronc so I'm good !
So I won't be needing the trailer hitch and a hitch cargo rack for a total of about $700
The back tire will sit between the front seats just a little, just like my old Transit Connect Mini van.
Suweet ~:)

Last edited:

Keechak

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Here is every measurement I could think of for the cargo area of the Bronco Sport Badlands package. All measurements in inches taken three times and rounded to the nearest quarter inch. If anyone has questions or needs something I missed just ask.

Bronco Sport Cargo Trunk Area Measurement Dimensions 3.jpg
In this photo there is a second red line from the top with no measurement listed on it, what is that measurement?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
In this photo there is a second red line from the top with no measurement listed on it, what is that measurement?
Approximately 47.5 - 17.25 = 30.25" W "60" part of the 60/40 2nd row seat back!

ctothejdot

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Thanks for this, it's excellent! With the seats in their standard position is the depth of the storage space in the rear smaller from the top of the seat? I assume there's an angle on that seat and the depth doesn't remain 33" - looking to buy a cooler and trying to see how the rectangle will fit, but don't have my bronco yet!
Sponsored