Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Update: paint and finishing touches all done on the BS camp kitchen build
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport camp kitchen build PXL_20211113_120651326
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport camp kitchen build PXL_20211113_120157862
It looks amazing!

I am looking forward to building something similar on mine, but I lack the carpentry expertise.

What tools did you use, and how difficult is a project like this?

I have theoretical experience on mechanical projects, but 0 carpentry knowledge.

Cheers,

Caio

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
It looks amazing!

I am looking forward to building something similar on mine, but I lack the carpentry expertise.

What tools did you use, and how difficult is a project like this?

I have theoretical experience on mechanical projects, but 0 carpentry knowledge.

Cheers,

Caio
Tools could be as simple as a circular saw (with a fine blade) with a straight edge, and a drill. Join with glue and screws. 1/2” birch plywood (commonly known as ”baltic birch”) is a good choice, and it’s available pre-finished. It’s just a box with some smaller boxes inside. Use 500lb rated ($$$) drawer slides for heavier duty and 200lb rated slides for lighter drawers.

CKV

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Tools could be as simple as a circular saw (with a fine blade) with a straight edge, and a drill. Join with glue and screws. 1/2” birch plywood (commonly known as ”baltic birch”) is a good choice, and it’s available pre-finished. It’s just a box with some smaller boxes inside. Use 500lb rated ($$$) drawer slides for heavier duty and 200lb rated slides for lighter drawers.
Thanks for the tips. I'm thinking something like this:

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport camp kitchen build Kitche
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport camp kitchen build Kitchen2
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport camp kitchen build Kitchen3

Let's see how that goes!

*Used www.tinkercad.com

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Update: paint and finishing touches all done on the BS camp kitchen build
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport camp kitchen build PXL_20211113_120651326
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport camp kitchen build PXL_20211113_120157862
Looks amazing! Any possible way we can get the overall dimensions of the box and the length of drawer slides that you used? And what is the actual drawer height and how many inch lift from the feet is there . I think my measurements are correct, but just want another view. Sorry if I missed it. Thanks!

notabumblebee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BroncoSport
How were you able to get 30 inches of depth? is the box on top of the spare tire cover lip? (so slightly angled towards the rear seats)

I'm working on plans right now and measuring 41 x 26 due to the seatback angel and spare cover.

Annieclover

Big Bend
First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 2021
Yes, it’s kind of a silly idea. Would probably go with a propane stove instead. To run a microwave would require several thousand in gear, including Li batteries, B-to-B charger, inverter, etc. Plus $800+ for a fridge. That same money buys a lot of burritos and sandwiches.
Yeah, the use of microwave is really expensive. I've always cooked over a fire on our camping trips fun but a little tedious and time intensive. Now this year I purchased this Triton stove. It's lightweight, packs up & sets up easily, cleaning is as simple as wiping down.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Yeah, the use of microwave is really expensive. I've always cooked over a fire on our camping trips fun but a little tedious and time intensive. Now this year I purchased this Triton stove. It's lightweight, packs up & sets up easily, cleaning is as simple as wiping down.
Hmmm. Your link opens a page listing seven different stoves, but none of them are called "Triton." Which one did you buy?