Bronco Sport Big Bend vs Subaru Forester?

RLader

Outer Banks
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I like that advice too. Also, that pertains to knowing your limits as a driver. I don't know much and going off roading will be literally hitting some dirt roads and maybe do a climb lol. Anways, I'm glad to hear someone who went against the BL because that's the one thing that keeps lingering in my brain. Should I have gotten the badlands?? Than again, the gas mileage and the money saved on purchase, along with the BB suiting my needs is what keeps me reminding myself that I made the correct choice.
Sounds like you are coming to grips with what suits you. I like the BB because it fits my life style better than the other that are more off road. A little snow, ice and heavy rain will be my usual adventures, but if I want more it will be there as long as I don't do something stupid.

X-man

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Thanks for the comparison, both are on my list, I usually buy fun car (I drove it and felt like super light and fun)
I already made a deposit on the BS BB (delivery early September) it’s 8 weeks minimum for the forester.

?for the ford

Hornet20

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The throttle is very "touchy" on the Subaru.. Consumer Reports warned about that so I was ready for it when I got my new Subi. I own two cars: A Subi Outback and a 2021 Bronco. I like them both equally. The Bronco will stay in my garage in Maine all winter and I will drive back and forth to Florida in the Subi. Here in Maine my Bronco is my every day car and great fun to drive. The Subi is just for my once a week trip to/from a town about an hour up north on the the interstate from my home. Tom in Brunswick, Maine.

Fire821

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Silver
He has a CVT transmission, that alone is a weak point on the Subaru and why I ruled it out from the start.

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Driving the Husband’s F-150
The throttle is very "touchy" on the Subaru.. Consumer Reports warned about that so I was ready for it when I got my new Subi. I own two cars: A Subi Outback and a 2021 Bronco. I like them both equally. The Bronco will stay in my garage in Maine all winter and I will drive back and forth to Florida in the Subi. Here in Maine my Bronco is my every day car and great fun to drive. The Subi is just for my once a week trip to/from a town about an hour up north on the the interstate from my home. Tom in Brunswick, Maine.
Asking for a friend on here (@fsjdw2 ), what path did your train take to get your Bronco Sport to you and what was its final rail location before going by truck?

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
My super competitive friend got a Subaru Forester at the same time I got my Big Bend. He keeps talking smack saying it wont keep up off road. I don't know anything about anything except I love my Bronco Sport. If I go romp around with him, am I going to look like a dummy?

What do you guys think???
Just keep in mind that the driver's capability is a major factor.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Subaru's CVT transmissions (and likely any CVT,) have issues with cutting power with excessive spin. They do really well with a running start, but precise maneuvering at low speeds is absolutely easier with a more traditional transmission.
The CVT is why I ended up with a Bronco Sport. I looked at the Outback and Forester, as well as a Sorento.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Put those Subarus on an incline. Your foot will be to the floor while the motor and trans scream while going nowhere. They need a running start to go anywhere. And Subarus awd was really good 10 years ago. Now the majority of awd systems are far better. Fords is really good, Hondas is also a nice setup. Etc. Subarus sell on marketing and naive people that buy into that shit.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Five years ago we looked at a Subaru. Five years ago and my wife decided in the first hour of research that they were dated and not very capable. She determined they were a bad investment.

Mwittke5857

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
at the end of the day (or month as the case may be), who's paying for what?
Sponsored