Bronco Sport Big Bend vs Subaru Forester?

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Another thing I thought of walking out of Kroger today it’s super sunny and nice here in Ohio. do you live anywhere near a beach or an area like that ? you drive a bronco down the street near the boardwalk or the strip by the beach versus the Forrester how many head turns do you think you’re going to get from a Subaru Forrester ? what about trying to pick up some women in a Forrester versus a bronco ? see who wins I don’t care if that Broncos year 1979 it’s going to win lol
Sponsored

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Was yours a special order, or trackable? I'm curious how long to RDU once car ships. Thanks!
Was a special order indeed, not traceable from my end (but the dealers can), was about 25 days from built to got my keys...

Hornet20

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My super competitive friend got a Subaru Forester at the same time I got my Big Bend. He keeps talking smack saying it wont keep up off road. I don't know anything about anything except I love my Bronco Sport. If I go romp around with him, am I going to look like a dummy?

What do you guys think???

Hornet20

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have both a Subaru Forester and a 2021 Bronco Sport. I like them both. I drive my Bronco around town (and to other local towns) here in Maine. It is more fun to drive. When I take the long trip back to Florida for the winter it will be in the Subi.

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
Hmmm. Hard to say about off road capability but the newer Subarus do seem well put together without the typical Ford squeaks and rattles. Somewhat strange throttle response sometimes though — perhaps CVT related?

If your friend is trying to make you feel worse about your decision perhaps you should tell them to make their own decisions.
I don’t much about a Subaru except they seem to appeal to puppies. And a BS most definitely does not squeak and rattle!

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
what about trying to pick up some women in a Forrester versus a bronco ? see who wins
If you are a woman and into other women....I think the Forrester would probably win any day of the week in this competition. Just an observation...

aryus

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Forester Sport was the only other car I was considering alongside the BS. Opted for the latter, but it was close. Very curious to see what the Forester Wilderness is like in comparison to the BS Badlands.

jaja6009

Big Bend
First Name
Jamieson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
i have a BB too and i think for the 1.5L+turbo 180hp it really has a good torque that will take it out quickly from red to green.
im comparing it to my rav4 which has 270hp/5speed and i feel like the turbo engine+technology that the BS has really beats it. I love them both :)
I too find that the torque band is perfect for day to day acceleration in normal stop and go traffic. At part throttle the car shifts fast and keeps it in the sweet spot and its pretty effortless. It is a nice satisfying squirt.

My only problem is that at full throttle the power output is not really fast at all. But I am older now and really do not drive fast any more as I am more concerned with fuel mileage now.

bradkz

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Well, like Hornet20,I have both a Bronco Sport BB and a Forester now. (2018) My wife drives the Forester. For long road trips, we will probably use the Subaru, 'cause it's a little roomier (specs say it's 10" longer than the BB), but for camping and biking and adventure, the BS, obviously. Seems like the BB has nice acceleration punch compared to the Forester, even though the HP is smaller. Still breaking it in, but the BS is more fun to drive!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Another thing I thought of walking out of Kroger today it’s super sunny and nice here in Ohio. do you live anywhere near a beach or an area like that ? you drive a bronco down the street near the boardwalk or the strip by the beach versus the Forrester how many head turns do you think you’re going to get from a Subaru Forrester ? what about trying to pick up some women in a Forrester versus a bronco ? see who wins I don’t care if that Broncos year 1979 it’s going to win lol
Dude...a '79 bronco turns plenty of heads? I know. Particularly when I'd leave school sneaking out behind the busses driving over the parking blocks and curbs. Cop used to just laugh at me. Now a Forester? Maybe the local spelling bee? Or say Queensland Australia?maybe then.

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
I wonder how many people who get bent out of shape about what car someone drives realize that brand loyalty is for chumps?
Call me a chump…. I’m a Ford guy always will be …..wife has a Mazda and that’s ok too…..I will never by a German car again, won’t touch a Hyundai,Kia ever….maybe I’m old school

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Call me a chump…. I’m a Ford guy always will be …..wife has a Mazda and that’s ok too…..I will never by a German car again, won’t touch a Hyundai,Kia ever….maybe I’m old school
All us Ford Chumps can hang out at this great wings spot and celebrate our Chumpness!
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Big Bend vs Subaru Forester? 1628813325659