thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have 96,000 miles on a 21 OB and I have never changed the brake pads. I have the moan in reverse, but I have never had the dealer address this.

Are others seeing brake pads lasting this long?
Sponsored

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My first thought was "must not be from New England." LA won't eat your car alive with rust like a New England winter would. My brakes disintegrated every 20k or so living up there. 😂

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
96k is great!

I changed the fronts on my '14 Escape at 77,210, and was pleased. Pads were still good, but brakes were pulsing.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have 96,000 miles on a 21 OB and I have never changed the brake pads. I have the moan in reverse, but I have never had the dealer address this.

Are others seeing brake pads lasting this long?
You must not drive in LA city much, or you drive at odd hours, otherwise you almost need to stop evey 5 feet lol. I hope my brakes last that long, I have a long way to go to catch up to you.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
if you are asking, it means you are concerned

if you are concerned, replace the brake pads. they are cheap

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
It depends a lot on how you drive. I watch people (like my dear wife) speed up 300 yards from a red light and then slam on the brakes. When I see a red light, I take my foot off the gas. Keeping a proper following distance means you don't have to make so many panic stops. The big problem with panic stops is that the person behind you may not be paying attention. The BS he ruins may be yours.

BigBadWolf

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport 2004 Mustang GT Convertible
Amen, I keep a safe following distance myself. I did alot of stopping in my 2007 Ranger and only replaced my brake pads once in 165,000 miles. I hydroplaned coming into Knoxville TN and kissed a guard rail. The next day I bought my Bronco Sport. I know I now have many safety features but common sense always is the best safety feature.

It depends a lot on how you drive. I watch people (like my dear wife) speed up 300 yards from a red light and then slam on the brakes. When I see a red light, I take my foot off the gas. Keeping a proper following distance means you don't have to make so many panic stops. The big problem with panic stops is that the person behind you may not be paying attention. The BS he ruins may be yours.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
OTOH, there are just some careless idiots looking to rear end your car.
I was rear ended twice in my BMW. Once at a red traffic light, and another at a stop sign. Both drivers just assumed that I would illegally blow through the stop signals (like they presumably do) and turn right.

The accident at the stop sign: The driver had just gotten his car back from the shop the night before from rear ending someone else. He begged me not to call the cops. I didn't. I had already pushed my BMW Assist (BMW's version of On-Star) button on the ceiling. :)
The in-car GPS provided them with my location and all I did was ask for a police officer, and declared no injuries.
That driver was ticketed.

He also didn't want it reported to the insurance companies and just wanted to pay cash for my repairs. I got quotes, all quite similar as the shops all use the same software to make estimates. The shop who did the work told me the actual repair was bolt-on and snap-on of the plastic bumper parts - no metal damage, and if I paid cash, they'd cut the bill in half. The driver who hit me paid me the full price.

The incident at the red traffic light: the driver who rear ended me at the traffic light already had considerable damage to the front of his beater. I had no damage to my car. Impossible to say if his beater had any additional damage. Young kid.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
This forum unfortunately doesn't provide marriage counseling.😏

tconstan

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Had my '22 BSOB in for 12K service and again asked about the reverse moan fix. Service writer said there was a new TSB and I would be their first BS that they were doing under the new TSB. When I picked up the car and backed out of the parking spot, the moan was still there! I've had the vehicle in four times for this problem. I cannot believe that in the 17 months that I have owned the vehicle, Ford has not been able to fix this problem. It is not a safety issue so the NHTSA will not get involved.
Sponsored