Black Horse

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2009 F250, 1999 Mustang Cobra
While backing up using light pedal pressure on the brakes they squeal like a pig stuck in the fence. I thought that it was just a new/bed-in issue but it is just getting worse. Doesn't do it going forward or with heavier pedal pressure. Anyone else have this?
Sponsored

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yeah ford told me the brakes look fine and they can’t do anything for it. It continues to happen…

Also, Brakes had been squeaking under moderate pressure, like I needed new pads after 10,000 miles. They stopped after maybe 1,000 miles of doing that.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah ford told me the brakes look fine and they can’t do anything for it. It continues to happen…

Also, Brakes had been squeaking under moderate pressure, like I needed new pads after 10,000 miles. They stopped after maybe 1,000 miles of doing that.
Thanks for the 10k note, I just passed 10k couple weeks ago and started noticing some sounds.
While backing up using light pedal pressure on the brakes they squeal like a pig stuck in the fence.
As for the squealing, I don't get a lot of noise coming from my brakes unless it just rained. They make a ton of noise when wet till they dry out.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
EXACT same scenario. Just when applying gentle pressure backing out of the garage. But my brakes only do a soft squeal. If you have music playing you can forget about hearing it.

But let me ask you this. Do you notice sometimes when coming to a stop whether coming off highway or stoplights or whatever, that if you have to brake more aggressively, (not slamming on it) that there is a slight tremor under your foot for a second or so then goes away at lower speeds coming to the stop?

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Depends on what the sound is actually like. If it's like a pig squealing or like a pig oinking sound then no mine doesn't make that type of noise. Actually now that I think of it mine sounds perfectly fine! You don't live next to a pig farm do you? ??

ElBronc

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Same thing was happening to me. Terrible noise when reversing the first time driving it for the day. Dealer replaced the rear pads and never happened again.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
EXACT same scenario. Just when applying gentle pressure backing out of the garage. But my brakes only do a soft squeal. If you have music playing you can forget about hearing it.

But let me ask you this. Do you notice sometimes when coming to a stop whether coming off highway or stoplights or whatever, that if you have to brake more aggressively, (not slamming on it) that there is a slight tremor under your foot for a second or so then goes away at lower speeds coming to the stop?
That's the antilock brakes pumping

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
That's the antilock brakes pumping
Hmm, I don't remember feeling it in my explorer or mustang before that. Maybe I'm just paying closer attention because of new vehicle and all that. Welp, as long as it's normal.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Happening to mine as well. Going to take it in and see if I can get an explanation from the dealership.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Kind of noticed this also, now have 4k miles. Not a high pitched squeal though, more like a low rubbing sound (not grinding). I'm not going to worry about it, I imagine the more I go in reverse it'll eventually get through that "break in" period from normal use.

ScottyD

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Same here, almost every time I back out of the garage. Stops after a couple seconds.

ElBronc

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Have the dealer replace the rear pads. It took care of the problem for me.

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
Yup. Was very confused considering how new. Only time I notice any noise. Backing out of the driveway in the morning.

ryguy14

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have the same problem. A couple months into owning my Big Bend only in reverse, the breaks squeal, and loudly too. I get constant people looking at me with terror. I've taken it to two dealerships and they both told me nothings wrong, and that it's just moisture. They said breaks squeal and that's that.