Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Op, I think of it like this:
Was it worth an extra 2 or 3 grand to get it now before things get worse?
Was it worth the extra coin to not have to go through a years worth if delays ?
Of course it was.
A couple grand over MSRP on these super cool little buggies is doable in this collapsing economy.
A year from now they may cost 20-30% more at MSRP anyways.
If inflation keeps following the present course I’ll never be able to buy a new vehicle again.
Unless it’s some cheap piece of junk hundaykia crap.
Sponsored

OP
OP

rasII

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I waited over a year to be able to order and in that time I deliberated over every faction of the BS. By the time I was able to order I still wasn't set on the color. When they took away VB I was open to the Carbon Grey so that made my choice pretty easy. The only thing I really wanted was Steelies that I didn't get but I'm happy with the wheels.
As for paying over sticker- I figured that if I didn't buy it the next person in line would. Besides, if I ordered one who knows if they would tack on ADM anyway. After waiting a year and FINALLY finding a Badlands close to my build it wasn't worth waiting another 4-8 months

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
Congrats! If it makes you happy then the extra coin is worth it.

When I ordered there was one new '22 in the entire valley on the lots. It was nearly what I wanted. Big bend, didn't have cargo management, rubberized rear seat backs, copilot assist, block heater, and it was in Alto Blue (not a fan). They wanted $4,500 over what I could order a '23 with everything I wanted for in a better color. I still wonder at times briefly if I shouldn't have just grabbed it rather than wait for mine to get here in the Spring. If they had only $2k in markup, I probably would have done it without hesitation. Of course I was dumb and listened to the salesman who said the sports were being pumped out way faster than the Maverick and it would likely arrive in late November or early December. In my defense I hadn't found this forum yet.

Long story short, if you got what you want for a measly $2kish over and have no wait, good on ya, congrats!

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Got mine off the lot as well, kinda pre-pandemic. Congrats on your new ride, you'll love it!

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I paid 3-4k under sticker price with no trade in. I was quite happy with Ford Price Protection. 😅 Just had to wait 7+ months for it though. Surprised that the cost of the car went up 3-4k depending on options in just 7+ months.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I was about to go buy one off the lot today. It had everything I was ordering. Color wheels tires premium package even 360+. And I was willing to drive 2 hours away. But upper management decided to take it home for the weekend. Oh well to me its now used and with what dealers are doing these days not sure its worth my time anymore. But we will see Monday when they call me to let me know how many miles they put on it. And no right from the start I said I would not pay a mark up and have to drive 2 hours away. So it would of been MSRP.

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
Op, I think of it like this:
Was it worth an extra 2 or 3 grand to get it now before things get worse?
Was it worth the extra coin to not have to go through a years worth if delays ?
Of course it was.
A couple grand over MSRP on these super cool little buggies is doable in this collapsing economy.
A year from now they may cost 20-30% more at MSRP anyways.
If inflation keeps following the present course I’ll never be able to buy a new vehicle again.
Unless it’s some cheap piece of junk hundaykia crap.
My understanding is there has already been a price increase on the ‘23 BS Badlands. I think it is $750. I think the Outerbanks also had a price increase too.

Paultg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500; 2014 Subaru
We just ordered a 2023 Badlands in the color we wanted. Ironically our dealer had 2 in stock. I had driven one and when we went back to have my wife drive it they had received a second 2022 in Area 51 that was our exact build but not the color we wanted. They started at over sticker and I showed them we wanted to order and pay below invoice. I was surprised when they suggested we could do the Area 51 in stock for same price. But we both decided to order. I wanted the memory seats in the 2023 and she wanted black.

the market is changing to be more of a buyers market now. We are just lucky to not be in a rush. I only ordered now to lock in on the Ford financing and would like it before October of 2023.

jason202

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2009 Volvo C30 T5
Congrats on finding what you wanted on the lot. I spent a couple of months searching inventory in different parts of the country without finding anything close enough to what I wanted. I typically keep my cars for 10+ years so it's really important to me that I don't have to compromise too much on features and options. The dealer I ordered my Badlands from has started showing ads on TV touting their growing inventory and great deals, yet I've been waiting for months now for my vehicle to be built, and who knows when it will actually show up at the dealer.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Went to dealership to order one and found a Carbon Grey with a Carbon Grey top, Falken Wildpeaks, tow package and carpet mats, Pretty much what I was going to order except the color. Had to pay sticker plus but it was worth it to avoid the wait
Sounds like a win win. You're happy and I'M SURE the dealer is. I paid stick for my BB off the lot and I was pleased . Could have gotten a little more for my Jeep in trade but what the heck. I drove past the dealers today and that were ZERO BS on the lot. TONS of everything else especially Eco Sports. Good luck with your BS.

SquarePants

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I guess I got really lucky.
I had a deposit on a cyber-orange Big Bend that was built back in August. When it didn't show up as scheduled in October, I decided maybe the Badlands upgrade was worth it. Here in Louisville, many of the dealers honor the Z-plan pricing, but no orange BL inventory scheduled to come in this model year. Two weeks ago I was able to find a dealer about a 100 miles away in Indiana who honored the Z-plan pricing and let me have it! Love it so far.

Ford Bronco Sport Bought my Badlands off the lot BarneySquarepants

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
It pays to shop around. The Melloy Ford in Los Lunas NM had one already ordered, with no markup. It arrived in two months. It hadn't been built when I ordered, so they just changed the options to suit me. Power Ford here in Albuquerque had one on the lot with $5,000 dealer markup. Carmax had a used 2021 in stock for $6,000 more than MSRP.
Sponsored