Wandering Pinto

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Today I booked my Bronco off Roadeo Moab on April 22nd 2023 on our way to Alaska. Any one else going then? Any suggestions or recommendations while visiting the area ?
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I plan on going in May. Arches National park is right in the same area. We are then going down to Sand Hollow in southern Utah.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
We have been considering doing it in August. Driving from Idaho to Michigan and back and we'll be going right through Moab. Not sure if I want to take the time to do it or not yet. At that point we'll have been on the road for 12 days already. Probably be ready to just be home by that point.

bobdod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Cyber Orange
It's a great time. Moab is truly a wonder. The roads they took my (and others) group on actually take you adjacent to/behind Arches National Park for a different view of a canyon you couldn't get otherwise. Arches is indeed very close as well. Utilize the guides, Mandy and others are seriously beyond amazing and know a ton about the area.

After the Off-Roadeo we've checked out a few trails:
  • Chicken Corner (3-4 hours, great views both way above the river and right next to it, check out the Wind Caves!, moderate-ish difficulty mainly only in a handful of spots - Badlands clearance or more is ideal)
  • Gemini Bridges (good easier trail that still has some 'technicality' that brings you right up to a special ending)
  • Fisher Towers (quite easy mostly just a drive, more just for the views of the towers and valley, 2ish hours)
There's obviously a ton more - talk to your guides and tell them what you're looking for in terms of scenery and challenge. They also will give you food rec's for anything you like.

Don't forget to consider Canyonlands / Dead Horse Point nearby as well. You can look down on Dead Horse point from the park, and look up at that viewpoint from the other side at the end of Chicken Corners.

You can pay entrance to the parks on rec.gov for the most part as well, ahead of time. Make sure to look into potential reservations that might need to be booked for park entrance as well.

Ford Bronco Sport Booked Moab Bronco Off-Roadeo 1672954245380
Sponsored

Last edited: