Webini

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Is there a warning sound that is supposed to be played when you hit the turn signal and the lane is occupied? The light on mirror illuminates but there is no sound. Every other vehicle I’ve had with a BS warning system had a light and sound.
Sponsored

Rogerthat898

Big Bend
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Is there a warning sound that is supposed to be played when you hit the turn signal and the lane is occupied? The light on mirror illuminates but there is no sound. Every other vehicle I’ve had with a BS warning system had a light and sound.
No sound.
I believe it is a steady light when another car in in the other lane.
The light flashed when you put the turn signal on and a car is in the lane.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I agree, without the sound, the point of the BLIS is mostly lost. Turning all your focus to the little light on the sidemirror isn't great.
To be fair, you’re supposed to check the side mirror before signaling a lane change. The BLIS illuminates if a vehicle is in the way no matter how the mirror is adjusted. So if you look in the mirror and see no car but the BLIS is illuminated, you know one is there before you signal. An aural alert when you signal with a vehicle in your blind spot might help those who don’t regularly use their side mirrors, but if you properly execute a lane change you should see the BLIS indicator before hitting the turn signal.

OP
OP
Webini

Webini

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
To be fair, you’re supposed to check the side mirror before signaling a lane change. The BLIS illuminates if a vehicle is in the way no matter how the mirror is adjusted. So if you look in the mirror and see no car but the BLIS is illuminated, you know one is there before you signal. An aural alert when you signal with a vehicle in your blind spot might help those who don’t regularly use their side mirrors, but if you properly execute a lane change you should see the BLIS indicator before hitting the turn signal.
I know to use my side mirrors. I’m just wondering why no sound like other manufacturers. Seems like a bad place to cheap out.

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
Don't remember any of our vehicles, Ford or otherwise actually making a sound when the BLIS is activated. Wouldn't want the thing constantly blaring when I'm driving down the highway every time I pass someone or someone else passes me. I hardly think it is "cheaping out".

OP
OP
Webini

Webini

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Don't remember any of our vehicles, Ford or otherwise actually making a sound when the BLIS is activated. Wouldn't want the thing constantly blaring when I'm driving down the highway every time I pass someone or someone else passes me. I hardly think it is "cheaping out".
Re-read my original post please.

“played when you hit the turn signal and the lane is occupied”

The beep only happens when you have the turn signal on and the lane is occupied.

We’ve had 5 vehicles since 2016 besides the BS. A Jeep, 3 Hondas, and a Ford. All had BSIS and all gave an audible warning in this situation.

Rogerthat898

Big Bend
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
To the OP's point.
There are multiple chimes and alarms that alert you to things you should be checking first visually like the rear occupant chime and the rear cross traffic alert, ect.... and Ford still included them.
All of these things can be turned off or on depending on what the individual owner/driver prefers.
I know the Mazda CX-5 will make an audible sound when the turn signal is on and someone is in your blind spot.
For Ford to not include a safety feature like this when their competition has it available doesn't make a lot of sense.

OP
OP
Webini

Webini

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
To the OP's point.
There are multiple chimes and alarms that alert you to things you should be checking first visually like the rear occupant chime and the rear cross traffic alert, ect.... and Ford still included them.
All of these things can be turned off or on depending on what the individual owner/driver prefers.
I know the Mazda CX-5 will make an audible sound when the turn signal is on and someone is in your blind spot.
For Ford to not include a safety feature like this when their competition has it available doesn't make a lot of sense.
Thank you!

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Agree. I’ve had several Ford vehicles with BLIS. A sound would be annoying.

OP
OP
Webini

Webini

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Agree. I’ve had several Ford vehicles with BLIS. A sound would be annoying.
Re-read my original post please.

“played when you hit the turn signal and the lane is occupied”

The beep only happens when you have the turn signal on and the lane is occupied.

We’ve had 5 vehicles since 2016 besides the BS. A Jeep, 3 Hondas, and a Ford. All had BSIS and all gave an audible warning in this situation.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
The sound would be an added safety feature and nice to have. The sound is on my wife's Honda and other vehicles I've owned.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yep, it's set up just fine and the way it should be.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I know to use my side mirrors. I’m just wondering why no sound like other manufacturers. Seems like a bad place to cheap out.
So if you look at your mirror and see BLIS illuminated you would activate your turn signal anyway?
Sponsored