Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I've had my new Badlands with premium package for a few days now. So far, I have never seen the blind-side indicator lights come on while driving. I know the indicator lights work, because when I turn them off/on in the SETUP-DRIVER ASSISTANCE screen, they flash two times. Isn't it suppose to illuminate every time a car is in my blind sport AND flash is my turn signal is on? Where is the sensor and could there be a problem with it? Or am I just not very observant.
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Mine turn on when a car goes by but they don’t flash with my turn signal. Maybe I don’t have mine set up to do that.

OP
OP
Outback Texan

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Mine turn on when a car goes by but they don’t flash with my turn signal. Maybe I don’t have mine set up to do that.
I got that FLASHING WITH TURN SIGNAL info from watching a couple of OLDER Ford videos on the BLIS system. Maybe they are not supposed to flash on the Bronco Sport.

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Mine is on when a vehicle is in the blind spot, and flashes when turn signal is fully on (holding the stalk down just enough to activate the signal won't do it...)

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, mine doesn't flash unless it's all the way down... sorry if unclear
Your good. It was clear. Mine just doesn’t do it. I didn’t try standing on it, but holding down didn’t seem to do anything for mine.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I don't believe the manual is clear. It doesn't make sense that it would flash when you turn on the direction indicator; that would be very confusing. It comes on steady when a car is in your blind spot. If a vehicle is in the detection zone AND you turn on the direction indicator for that side, THEN it flashes.

OP
OP
Outback Texan

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I don't believe the manual is clear. It doesn't make sense that it would flash when you turn on the direction indicator; that would be very confusing. It comes on steady when a car is in your blind spot. If a vehicle is in the detection zone AND you turn on the direction indicator for that side, THEN it flashes.
OP here... It's a mystery!!! I turned BLIS off and on a few times in the setup menu and now it is working. The lights are ON when a vehicle enters my blind spot and off when that vehicle clears. And is does flash if I have the turn signal on, with a vehicle in my blind spot. Thanks to all for responding.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP here... It's a mystery!!! I turned BLIS off and on a few times in the setup menu and now it is working. The lights are ON when a vehicle enters my blind spot and off when that vehicle clears. And is does flash if I have the turn signal on, with a vehicle in my blind spot. Thanks to all for responding.
Ok, now I get it, I’m a little slow I guess! Makes sense that it flashes if there is someone there and you are indicating you are turning. I was thinking Jess was saying it just flashes as soon as you push the turn signal stalk down or up as if to act like a mirror with turn signals on it.
Sponsored