Big Ben

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Does anyone have any suggestions to keep the black plastic exterior trims from looking 10 years old? They are always faded and soiled. I have tried ArmorAll, plastic treatment, waxes and McGuires ceramic wax. They always look so dingy.
Sponsored

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Does anyone have any suggestions to keep the black plastic exterior trims from looking 10 years old? They are always faded and soiled. I have tried ArmorAll, plastic treatment, waxes and McGuires ceramic wax. They always look so dingy.
Have you tried the MEGUIAR'S Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer.

OP
OP

Big Ben

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Ahhh. No, I didn't know it existed. Thanks!

OP
OP

Big Ben

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Sorry everyone, I didn't see the threads on this subject, ignore it.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

Sojourner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Have you tried the MEGUIAR'S Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer.
I use it, but it doesn't last more than a few months. So expect to reapply several times per year.

Highly recommended
CERAKOTE® Ceramic Trim Coat Kit -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SHJVK4G?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Agreed. Recently bought it to apply when we have some warmer weather. Have heard/read nothing but good things about it. Supposed to last at least 6 mos.... And a LOT cheaper than what the detailing folks charge.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I thought about having a clear vinyl film added but never following through.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I use TurtleWax Wax & Dry every time I wash the car. You spray it on the wet car before drying with a terrycloth towel. It shines up everything: paint, windows, plastic trim, etc. There's nothing you can't spray it on. It's available for around $7 at Wallyworld, and a bottle lasts four or five washes for me.

Ford Bronco Sport Black Plastic Trim 146a1c37-7633-4fa6-b558-548500478811_600x600

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Does anyone have any suggestions to keep the black plastic exterior trims from looking 10 years old? They are always faded and soiled. They always look so dingy.
For the black piano plastic pieces, I had Paint Protection Film (PPF) applied to all black piano plastic which hides all swirl marks and “scratches”. Swirl marks and “scratches” do not have to be removed before PPF is installed - PPF is applied and forever hides the swirl marks.

For the rest of the black plastic exterior trims, I had ceramic coating applied including over the PPF as well.

My Badlands is approaching 2 years old and the black plastic exterior trims do not look faded, soiled or dingy - after washing the vehicle I spray on the ceramic cleaner spray provided by the ceramic coating shop and wipe with a microfiber. This keeps the black plastic exterior trims looking reasonably similar to when the vehicle was new.

it’s an option you can consider but PPF and ceramic coating won’t be worth the cost to everyone. Some do the PPF and ceramic coating themselves to save a considerable amount of $$.

BSutton

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Aero Cosmetics products Wet or Waterless car wash and wax is what I use for wash and wax on the paint. No prewashing, apply wet or dry. It gives a great shine! They have a Tire and Rubber Care that works great for tires and the black plastic surfaces. Buy on Amazon.
Sponsored