Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Any more feedback on the Rally Innovations? Looks like it might lower the approach angle.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I like it. The reason I got it was when driving on the rolling sandy trails my front was hitting/scrapping in the whoops. No damage but I could see that area a problem and the Rally Innovations plate protects it perfectly for me. Adding a lift I'm sure is helping also

Ford Bronco Sport BL Front Skid Plate Options DSC07988 (1).JPG

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have purchased (and received) the Rally Innovations skid for the front of my BL. Will be installed in the next week or two (by my dealer) once my 2" lift arrives from Woolworth Racing in Las Vegas. Will post back here my impressions once installed. Already know that will be adding counter sunk conical washers so that the mounting bolt heads aren't sticking down for all the rocks to grab!
Where is a good place to get the conical washers?

timhutch

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Where is a good place to get the conical washers?
My local Ford dealer here in SoCal is doing the install and they have stock of them. But a lot of places sell them. I googled "conical washer" and got a lot of hits, even Amazon sells them.

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
My local Ford dealer here in SoCal is doing the install and they have stock of them. But a lot of places sell them. I googled "conical washer" and got a lot of hits, even Amazon sells them.
Thanks! Looking forward to your feedback once installed.

timhutch

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I have the Rally Innovations front skid plate installed along with the 1-3/4" lift from Robby Woolworth and the 245/70/R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W's. Total added ground clearance is about 2-1/2". The front skid looks pretty nice, it's made from sturdy aluminum and it does not impact approach angle at all. Took it through a pretty tough trail today and it all worked great. About the only less than great thing is that there doesn't appear to be any way to attach the front/top of the skid plate to the vehicle. I think that the skid plate will do a good job to protect against the most common kinds of front end damage caused by not enough clearance for the obstacle. But, if you really plant the nose in a hole or something while descending a steep hill, it seems like there's a good chance it will peel back and under the car. Also upgraded the attaching bolts for a little more strength and to an internal hex type to make them easier to remove after a rock has damaged the bolt head. Overall very happy!

Ford Bronco Sport BL Front Skid Plate Options Bronco Sport Front Skid 2.JPG

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
So I have the Rally Innovations front skid plate installed along with the 1-3/4" lift from Robby Woolworth and the 245/70/R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W's. Total added ground clearance is about 2-1/2". The front skid looks pretty nice, it's made from sturdy aluminum and it does not impact approach angle at all. Took it through a pretty tough trail today and it all worked great. About the only less than great thing is that there doesn't appear to be any way to attach the front/top of the skid plate to the vehicle. I think that the skid plate will do a good job to protect against the most common kinds of front end damage caused by not enough clearance for the obstacle. But, if you really plant the nose in a hole or something while descending a steep hill, it seems like there's a good chance it will peel back and under the car. Also upgraded the attaching bolts for a little more strength and to an internal hex type to make them easier to remove after a rock has damaged the bolt head. Overall very happy!

Looks great! Saw on in Moab this weekend at Off-Rodeo. Looks like you did not use conical washers?
Also, the one I saw had adjusted the the back spacers to make it closer in the front. Did you keep all the spacers the same?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

You might want to look for some button head screws, maybe a little less likely to get sheared off.

timhutch

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! Saw on in Moab this weekend at Off-Rodeo. Looks like you did not use conical washers?
Also, the one I saw had adjusted the the back spacers to make it closer in the front. Did you keep all the spacers the same?
Shop decided against the washers thinking that damage would still occur and the washers would make it very difficult to remove and replace damaged bolts. Not sure if I agree or not but am going to run like this for a while and see how it works out.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Shop decided against the washers thinking that damage would still occur and the washers would make it very difficult to remove and replace damaged bolts. Not sure if I agree or not but am going to run like this for a while and see how it works out.
Thanks. Still deciding…

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I left a reply to one of his early YouTube videos saying he should make one. I’m glad he followed through and it looks like it may have more coverage, than the others but it seems a little high, pricewise.
Looks very similar to the Rally one with the open top?

Definitely torn now!
Sponsored

Last edited: