Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Is the Rally Innovations skid the only front skid available?

Not sure I want to remove it for oil changes and catch debris due to the opening at the front. Some skids have access for oil changes.

The OEM skids are probably good for what I want to do but am still open for looking at the options.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
That one looks great and attaches below the bumper. If it will fit a BL then I will hold out for that.

And it has access for oil changes!

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Ford Bronco Sport BL Front Skid Plate Options 1652227912228

Not sure if what I'm seeing is an access panel for a 2.0 or 1.5 liter oil drain plug.
Rival was quick to respond to any questions by email.
They state the under body is the same on all and I suspect they would know. The location of drain plugs to be in the same location I'm not so sure about.
The plate sounds beefy enough for my needs.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
That one looks great and attaches below the bumper. If it will fit a BL then I will hold out for that.

And it has access for oil changes!
Looks like it doesn’t extend up in front, at an angle and that doesn’t seem like a good idea

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It contours the front bumper with no gaps and secures which I think is better than the Rally which has the gap with no fasteners..

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
From Rival:

We did test installation of our aluminum skid plate on all trims of Bronco Sport exceptBadlands. As I remember the original skid plate is steel correct?

So far the underbody is the same pretty sure.

I’ll check what average ETA on our next big batch.

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Rival is looking for a picture of the front bottom of a Badlands if anyone has one?

jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
I may be missing something, but it looks like what they make wouldn't offer much protection over what's already on the badlands.

There's already a skid plate on the badlands for the area the Rival one covers. The Rally one covers an additional area on the underside of the front bumper that appears uncovered with the Rival plate and is uncovered with the badlands skid plate. If you have a badlands already, I'm not sure the Rival plate adds anything (and you have to remove the stock skid plate to change the oil anyway).

However, the Rally skid plate isn't particularly heavy duty. It's only meant to prevent sticks from going through the underside of the bumper and the plastic there from getting torn easily. It's not designed to take the weight of the car.

Either way, it's really fantastic to see more options, especially for non-badlands models!

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I may be missing something, but it looks like what they make wouldn't offer much protection over what's already on the badlands.

There's already a skid plate on the badlands for the area the Rival one covers. The Rally one covers an additional area on the underside of the front bumper that appears uncovered with the Rival plate and is uncovered with the badlands skid plate. If you have a badlands already, I'm not sure the Rival plate adds anything (and you have to remove the stock skid plate to change the oil anyway).

However, the Rally skid plate isn't particularly heavy duty. It's only meant to prevent sticks from going through the underside of the bumper and the plastic there from getting torn easily. It's not designed to take the weight of the car.

Either way, it's really fantastic to see more options, especially for non-badlands models!
Great points! Was thinking the same about the existing BL plate. Will need more info from them to really compare.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Ford Bronco Sport BL Front Skid Plate Options 1652227912228

Not sure if what I'm seeing is an access panel for a 2.0 or 1.5 liter oil drain plug.
Rival was quick to respond to any questions by email.
They state the under body is the same on all and I suspect they would know. The location of drain plugs to be in the same location I'm not so sure about.
The plate sounds beefy enough for my needs.
The one pictured cannot be for a 2.0L. The access for the drain plug appears to be in the wrong location and you would not have access to the oil filter.

timhutch

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have purchased (and received) the Rally Innovations skid for the front of my BL. Will be installed in the next week or two (by my dealer) once my 2" lift arrives from Woolworth Racing in Las Vegas. Will post back here my impressions once installed. Already know that will be adding counter sunk conical washers so that the mounting bolt heads aren't sticking down for all the rocks to grab!
Sponsored