jamesreilly

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
If you remove the rear bench seat cushion (easily done), you can stand your mountain-bike up with the seat (or dropper post) lowered.
Sponsored

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Anyone got pics with the internal bike rack from Ford and adult road bikes?

Tlmbigos

Base
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport 2021
hello! Where did you get the Mat for the back set? I have the base model. I can order the cargo mat but not the rubber mat that the back wheel of mtb sits on. thanks!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
hello! Where did you get the Mat for the back set? I have the base model. I can order the cargo mat but not the rubber mat that the back wheel of mtb sits on. thanks!
You mean the rubber on the folding seat backs?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

henryj76

Badlands
First Name
henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yamaha
Just ordered and got my escape limited 4x4 a few weeks back from here and I've already begun modding it.
So in the cargo area, I cut the carpet to match the wet trunk and jack storage area, then I glued all the carpet down so that you can access both storage areas easier.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Bikes In the Cargo Area 11D84A27-6FB1-413E-A65D-002DDBD138EB
Ford Bronco Sport Bikes In the Cargo Area BF8D3650-872B-4EC2-8586-EF28968E9539

If you look at the pic that was posted from Ford it does appear they have seats and handle bars lowered. I have also attached a pic of when I removed my back seat. Itā€™s easier than you would think, and also pops back in. In the Ford pic the way the seats lay flat also appears it was removed for the sake of 2 bikes. The fork mount does swivel and positioning of the mount is important too closer or further from hatch. I havenā€™t put two, I would imagine itā€™s possible, but requires some additional maneuvering. Also, the rack comes with additional straps and recommends if using two bike, both rear tires between the front seats then strapping them together with a Velcro strap it comes with.

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
there is no doubt it is a tight fit....The black bike is only a 54cm frame cyclocross bike. The silver one is a size small Giant women's road bike. That duct tape covered plywood rack I've had it for many years. I just had to mount a thru axel fork mount for my wife's bike.

Ford Bronco Sport Bikes In the Cargo Area 1666576338332

Ford Bronco Sport Bikes In the Cargo Area 1666576401901

The trouble I have with my mountain bike not able to stand on fork mount is one of it has 150 mm of travel so from the fork axel to the top of handle bar is taller than the available clear height of the trunk area. the only way to do it is to remove the trunk cover (to the spare tire)...or, compress the fork with a Velcro strap.

90% of the time I'd carry bike(s) with rear hitch rack anyway. this is for on occasions if we anticipate stopping at a restaurant

MonyMony

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco sport
Iā€™m guessing most everyone has seen the illustration of the cargo area bike rack that Ford is selling. The one with 2 bikes upright. Iā€™ve concluded that those are either kidā€™s bikes, or mtb with dropper seat posts completely retracted. ?ā€ā™‚ Donā€™t even think about trying with a large road bike. For context, my bike is a ā€˜smallā€™ frame size (Iā€™m 5ā€™7ā€) and it does fit.
Ford Bronco Sport Bikes In the Cargo Area 4B039B52-152E-402F-8647-C18BCD3E8E4F

FYI, the passenger side rear seat back compresses a bit more than the driver side when folded down.
Iā€™m certainly not questioning you or anybody in the forumā€¦ sorry for my ignorance havenā€™t read thru every postā€¦. But I imagine others have said something similarā€¦ I regularly put two fat bikes (one is a 26 the other 27.5) one is 4.5 the other is 4.3 inch tires in the cab without problemsā€¦. Iā€™ve configured two different scenariosā€¦ first is have zero quick release etc post mounts and use some sort of styrofoam to separate the two from knocking each other (we use pool noodles) with no mount, we cut them up and soften the blows. Trust me they donā€™t moveā€¦. Or if we are not travelling with our dogā€¦ we take out the spare tire, remove the cover and mount them to the posts deeper in the cavity of the veh. Againā€¦ you have probably already received similar infoā€¦ but if you ask me to prove itā€¦ imma say, shit son, sheā€™s snowinā€™ in Canada already! So it ainā€™t happening till spring! šŸ˜‰

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Here is my solution to this problem. Did it the same way in the old Escape.

Ford Bronco Sport Bikes In the Cargo Area 029C3BE7-14DC-41A5-A72B-AA3A20EE9E93

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Here is my solution to this problem. Did it the same way in the old Escape.

Ford Bronco Sport Bikes In the Cargo Area 029C3BE7-14DC-41A5-A72B-AA3A20EE9E93
very interesting use of the fork dropouts to space the two bikes. that just a bent threaded steel bar?!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
very interesting use of the fork dropouts to space the two bikes. that just a bent threaded steel bar?!
Yes, bent threaded rod and wing nuts. The back wheels have small bungee's to the child seat latch points.

leftbehindmtb

Big Bend
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My 29er size large fit in back with front wheel off until i replaced the toy spare with a full size spare.

I ended up just buying a tow hitch and putting that on.
Sponsored