Big Tires for BS Badlands

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
I put 2k miles on them and they were cracking like they were dry rotted, splitting, and were wearing really fast. They would have been at the wear bars at about 25k miles at the current wear rate. They were the at3w. I sent photos and they said they would cover because they had some bad tires ship. I still have the photos. They credited for the whole amount I paid. So I went to the E rated ones. The E rated were awesome. Then they charged back my dealer 800 bucks and said they won’t cover them. Again sent photos, talked with their higher ups and was all cool. I’ve run almost every well known off road tire over the years.
Nope! The 245/70/17 Falken is available in an XL load rating! I am curious as to your experience with the Falkens? Were the ones you had a problem with AT3's and not AT3W's? At least I think the AT3 preceded the 3W.
Riotfunk
You are welcome, for the info! Glad I could help you out. Let us know how they do since you aren't a mall crawler.
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
When shifting to 245/65/17 on BL what do you do with the full size spare?
You really should stop posting the same question in multiple threads. This forum is active and people will answer your question.

The best thing to do with the full-size spare is to replace that tire too. You can leave that tire as the stock tire but it becomes a little like running the donut, in that it should only be used for a short time. If you replace it with a matching tire, you can also work it into the tire rotation so you should get a nice long life out of them. If you are going aftermarket wheels, then that means you would also need a 5th wheel.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You really should stop posting the same question in multiple threads. This forum is active and people will answer your question.

The best thing to do with the full-size spare is to replace that tire too. You can leave that tire as the stock tire but it becomes a little like running the donut, in that it should only be used for a short time. If you replace it with a matching tire, you can also work it into the tire rotation so you should get a nice long life out of them. If you are going aftermarket wheels, then that means you would also need a 5th wheel.
Got it. Was not sure it would fit in the back storage spot.

Deleted the duplicate that I had tacked on to some other questions. Getting better at finding the posts and seeing the updates but there are a lot of duplicate posts on here on the same topics I am running into. All with good information and different OPs.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Deleted the duplicate that I had tacked on to some other questions. Getting better at finding the posts and seeing the updates but there are a lot of duplicate posts on here on the same topics I am running into. All with good information and different OPs.
You should be getting notified when someone replies to your posts (little bell icon in the website's top bar). You can also "watch" a thread and once you do there is the option to get emailed whenever a new posting shows up.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You should be getting notified when someone replies to your posts (little bell icon in the website's top bar). You can also "watch" a thread and once you do there is the option to get emailed whenever a new posting shows up.
Thanks. Watching the bell and am definitely getting better as I ease into this. Been on the FJ forum since 2006 and this one is actually better in many ways!

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
I explained this to him in a PM days ago.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

The biggest tire you can fit in the spare tire wheel well is 29.5 without making modifications. A 245/65-17 will fit in the well with the cargo mat in the upper position.

Last edited:

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The biggest tire you can fit in the wheel well is 29.5 without making modifications. A 245/65-17 will fit in the well with the cargo mat in the upper position.
Thanks!

I went with BFG KO2 245/65/17s

Last edited:

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Ford Bronco Sport Big Tires for BS Badlands 20220620_174720

Ford Bronco Sport Big Tires for BS Badlands 20220621_174232

Ford Bronco Sport Big Tires for BS Badlands 20220616_193052
245/65/17 BFG K02s, no lift. The K02s are definitely louder than the stock Pirelli Scorpions that came on it. But it's a trade off for them being better in every other way. I don't know about the mpg hit because I traded out the tires before my first fill-up. Acceleration seems to be the same. Still feels fast.

OP
OP
Bamsi

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Big Tires for BS Badlands 20220620_174720

Ford Bronco Sport Big Tires for BS Badlands 20220621_174232

Ford Bronco Sport Big Tires for BS Badlands 20220616_193052
245/65/17 BFG K02s, no lift. The K02s are definitely louder than the stock Pirelli Scorpions that came on it. But it's a trade off for them being better in every other way. I don't know about the mpg hit because I traded out the tires before my first fill-up. Acceleration seems to be the same. Still feels fast.
What options could be less loud. OEM Pirellis look like highway tires.

Ivan Nigro Yague

Badlands
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yokohamas Geolandar G015 are a great alternative for a Bronco Sport. They are quieter than OEM Pirrelis, better on and off road, much lighter than ko2s and nice look also. Thats was my choice…
Ford Bronco Sport Big Tires for BS Badlands 14B2856E-8013-4A47-83B7-08FFBBD0CECB

Reactions: MJE

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
The Wildpeaks are probably quieter as they are less aggressive, but from everything I've read, the BFGs are more capable/equally capable and better looking.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Wildpeaks are probably quieter as they are less aggressive, but from everything I've read, the BFGs are more capable/equally capable and better looking.
The BFGs are also heavier, by 4-5 lbs each IIRC.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
The Wildpeaks AT3W 235/65-17. They have a more rounded edge to reduce noise.
Sponsored