Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
I had originally ordered a Big Bend, and I have recently changed to an Outer Banks, because I realized there are many upgrrades offered in the Outer Banks. It seems that there is more to it than just leather seats, some more meaningful than others.

Cosmetic
Body Color Door handles (black on the Big Bend)
Black Roof (color matched on the BB)
18" wheels, better looking trim in my opinion (17" on the BB)

Functional
Auto High Beam Headlights
Signature LED lighting (the glowing ring around the headlights)
Heated Mirrors
Leather wrapped steering wheel (part of the BB package)
Heated Steering wheel
Wiper de-icer
Rain sensing wipers
Power seats (part of the package on BB)
1 touch up/down on all windows (only driver window on BB)
Dual zone climate control (a must if you have a woman in your life)
110 Volt power outlet
6.5" dash display (4.5" on the BB)
Ambient interior lighting
Remote Start (which also gives you remote window open/close options)
Leather Seats
Reverse Sensing system (part of the BB package)
Also, from this forum I've learned that the OB has insulation under the hood that isn't there on the BB.

In general it seems like Ford is treating the OB as the high end model that isn't built for off-roading. On F150s there are things not published when you get into the higher trims that you notice when you own the vehicle.

These are all more tweaks than critical, but mostly things that improve the ownership experience. Living in Northern Michigan the heated mirrors and steering wheel, and wiper de-icer are important.

Compared to the Big Bend with the BB no-moon-roof package (to get some of these things) the OB is about $2000 more, for my money, worth it.

Am I missing anything? Did I get any features wrong?

Tom
Sponsored

Last edited:

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Am I missing anything? Did I get any features wrong?
Outer Banks also has the 'signature LED lighting,' which is the circle LED around the headlights. On Base and Big Bend, this is just silver plastic.

Last edited:

CaptainCanada

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I didnt see it noted in your list but the OB also has reverse sensing system, which is available on BB but in the BB package.

OP
OP
Kachadurian

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
I didnt see it noted in your list but the OB also has reverse sensing system, which is available on BB but in the BB package.
I've updated the list. Is the reverse sensing system even needed with a back-up camera? I'll bet that becomes obsolete in time.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
I've updated the list. Is the reverse sensing system even needed with a back-up camera? I'll bet that becomes obsolete in time.
Reverse sensors are in the BB package. The sensors see high curbs that would otherwise be out of angle of view in the camera. Plus there is beeping so you don't have to look at the screen. Just use the mirrors and listen.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
The grills are different cosmetically. The 360+ package has more features on the OB. It's not just the headlamps, various lights are LED vs. bulbs. One of my favorite features- autodimming mirror is OB. Single power seat vs. dual.

Agree to disagree on the 18" wheels. I think 17's look decent and offer more aftermarket choices; and we'll all need new shoes someday.

OP
OP
Kachadurian

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
Agree to disagree on the 18" wheels. I think 17's look decent and offer more aftermarket choices; and we'll all need new shoes someday.
There is no denying that the 17" wheels offer many more choices for tires. I do agree the 17" wheels are just fine.

I would not go with the OB for the wheels. But I like them a little better than the BB wheels. I'm rarely impressed with any OEM wheels. I've always wondered why so many OEM wheels are just so/so.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I personally think this is what makes it YOUR bronco. All the trim levels have advantages. those who want options available for all trim levels have missed this point. If the Outer Banks fits your comforts, that's the deal for you. If the base is the most cost-effective, it's a no-brainer. If a few extra bucks make the Big Bend the best bargain, it's likely the reason so many stock options are Big Bend models. And for the Badlands, The extras speak for themselves, but it's not worth the extra for a lot of buyers. Ford did this right. Could they make a few things 'better'...why? I think you did a great job explaining why the Outer Banks is right for YOU.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Rain sensing wipers are something I discounted as unnecessary, until I had them.
I have them on my Rav4 that I'll be trading in and once you have them you'll really miss them when you don't. I can't fathom why they are only on the OB.

I think OB wheels are the best looking. The Steelies look the most off-roady but for a night on the town the OB wheels are hot.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Rain sensing wipers are something I discounted as unnecessary, until I had them.
I have them on my Rav4 that I'll be trading in and once you have them you'll really miss them when you don't. I can't fathom why they are only on the OB.

I think OB wheels are the best looking. The Steelies look the most off-roady but for a night on the town the OB wheels are hot.
pretty sure the badlands has rain-sensing wipers as well. I have an internal dial on the wiper arm. I assume that's what you are referencing?

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
pretty sure the badlands has rain-sensing wipers as well. I have an internal dial on the wiper arm. I assume that's what you are referencing?
Mike ,not on my ride ,not sure about badlands. I have to say I definitely miss them , had a few Lincoln’s with rain sensing wipers. Like anything in life you adjust to the situation. Not that big of a deal.

Dan.Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport outer banks
Mike ,not on my ride ,not sure about badlands. I have to say I definitely miss them , had a few Lincoln’s with rain sensing wipers. Like anything in life you adjust to the situation. Not that big of a deal.
My OB definitely does have rain sensing wipers.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
The brochure i have says only the Ob has them, it may be wrong (I hope so).
If you have them, they should turn on when it rains and adjust the wiper speed by the amount of rain that is falling and how fast you are going.