BroncoPapa

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have seen a couple of posts about the tow hooks but nothing confirming that you can install tow hooks on the front of the Big Bend. Has anyone with a Big Bend taken off the front bumper to confirm the holes are there and the cutouts in the bumper actually do pop out without cutting? Is it possible to get to the mounts from the bottom of the bumper without taking off the whole bumper?
Sponsored

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My BB doesnā€™t have any pop out covers on the front.(unless itā€™s got a screw in socket somewhere behind the front fascia hidden but that makes no sense) One on the passenger side back. Havenā€™t taken it off for fear of f n it up. If I get brave Iā€™ll post whatā€™s in back.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thereā€™s a thread somewhere that details front bumper removal.

OP
OP
BroncoPapa

BroncoPapa

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thereā€™s a thread somewhere that details front bumper removal.
I caught that post but it was a Badlands... Trying to figure out how much work it would be to add to the Big Bend.

OP
OP
BroncoPapa

BroncoPapa

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My BB doesnā€™t have any pop out covers on the front.(unless itā€™s got a screw in socket somewhere behind the front fascia hidden but that makes no sense) One on the passenger side back. Havenā€™t taken it off for fear of f n it up. If I get brave Iā€™ll post whatā€™s in back.
I thought I read that where the tow hooks would be that there is a way to get the inserts out but I could be wrong.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You might want to pass on that option as it seems to me the ECU connector is better protected without the hooks. View is from the hook hole.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG20210603181417

OP
OP
BroncoPapa

BroncoPapa

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
You might want to pass on that option as it seems to me the ECU connector is better protected without the hooks. View is from the hook hole.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG20210603181417
Good call... That changes my plan. Thanks for that heads up!

shansen1

Big Bend
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have seen a couple of posts about the tow hooks but nothing confirming that you can install tow hooks on the front of the Big Bend. Has anyone with a Big Bend taken off the front bumper to confirm the holes are there and the cutouts in the bumper actually do pop out without cutting? Is it possible to get to the mounts from the bottom of the bumper without taking off the whole bumper?
I put the tow hooks on my BB. You don't have to take the bumper off but you do have to cut out the vent like opening with a dremel. The tow hooks can then be mounted in the holes on the frame. The only thing is that there is no frame brace for the end of the hook rod. There is a trim piece on the bumper that you should remove prior to cutting out the panel hole. When you buy the hooks which are about $180 apiece you also need to get the 4 bolts to connect the hooks to the two threaded holes on each side.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG_0695.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG_0696.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG_0697.JPG

broncobuster2550

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
There is structure that the tow hook bolts into that does not exist on B/OB/BB. The hooks will bolt up to the bracket coming off the bumper beam, but without the rigid attachment in the rear they will not be strong enough to actually pull the vehicle out when stuck.

shansen1

Big Bend
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
There is structure that the tow hook bolts into that does not exist on B/OB/BB. The hooks will bolt up to the bracket coming off the bumper beam, but without the rigid attachment in the rear they will not be strong enough to actually pull the vehicle out when stuck.
I agree....I did it mainly because I like the looks.....am still trying to figure out how to come up with the structure you are talking about.

rmoretzsky

Outer Banks
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I agree....I did it mainly because I like the looks.....am still trying to figure out how to come up with the structure you are talking about.
Planning to do this to my OB. None of the parts guides or exploded diagrams I have found indicate a lack of structure at the back of the hooks, do you by chance have any pictures of the back of them when installed?

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
If bits are missing, I would suggest talking to a metal fabricator and getting something welded in far behind the bumper unit itself. The bumper skin is not a bumper (it is there 100% for looks and aerodynamics and isnā€™t structural) and the bumper itself is simply a rebar designed to buckle under impacts. These vehicles do not have a bumper in the same sense that an old school truck does which can have things bolted to it and be strong.

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Looks pretty good! Can you show some detail as to what you cut, the trim piece that needs to be moved and the bolts used ectā€¦ also interest to see pictures off the structure behind that is in the Badlands but possibly not on Big Bend. Thanks!
I put the tow hooks on my BB. You don't have to take the bumper off but you do have to cut out the vent like opening with a dremel. The tow hooks can then be mounted in the holes on the frame. The only thing is that there is no frame brace for the end of the hook rod. There is a trim piece on the bumper that you should remove prior to cutting out the panel hole. When you buy the hooks which are about $180 apiece you also need to get the 4 bolts to connect the hooks to the two threaded holes on each side.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG_0695.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG_0696.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG_0697.JPG

Phlfwd22

Big Bend
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Is there a front bumper replacement for the big bend that has the tow hook cutouts or are yā€™all just cutting it yourself with a dremel?
Sponsored