Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport, 2018 Ford F150 XLT
Snapped a few pics of my Ctek set up. I run the power cord out from under the hood by the windshield. this way I'm able to close the hood.

Ford Bronco Sport Battery Tender IMG_2237
Ford Bronco Sport Battery Tender IMG_2235
Ford Bronco Sport Battery Tender IMG_2234

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Snapped a few pics of my Ctek set up. I run the power cord out from under the hood by the windshield. this way I'm able to close the hood.

Ford Bronco Sport Battery Tender IMG_2237
Ford Bronco Sport Battery Tender IMG_2235
Ford Bronco Sport Battery Tender IMG_2234
I changed my set up to the side also. This way I don't have to keep opening and closing the hood. I ran the wire behind the firewall insulation and have a waterproof cap on the plug in end that will stay in the cowl. I had to go to that side before that where some outlets are. Somehow outlets on the front wall and right side but not on the left side wall.

Ford Bronco Sport Battery Tender 20231010_144302

Ford Bronco Sport Battery Tender 20231010_144314
Ford Bronco Sport Battery Tender 20231010_144353

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I changed my set up to the side also. This way I don't have to keep opening and closing the hood. I ran the wire behind the firewall insulation and have a waterproof cap on the plug in end that will stay in the cowl. I had to go to that side before that where some outlets are. Somehow outlets on the front wall and right side but not on the left side wall.

Ford Bronco Sport Battery Tender 20231010_144302

Ford Bronco Sport Battery Tender 20231010_144314
Ford Bronco Sport Battery Tender 20231010_144353
Looks good. Nice and neat. I'd love to be able to permanently mount the tender under the hood. I've seen it done on some BMW's where the batteries are mounted in the trunk.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good. Nice and neat. I'd love to be able to permanently mount the tender under the hood. I've seen it done on some BMW's where the batteries are mounted in the trunk.
Either way, you still have to plug it in. So to me, it's easier to do the type of install I did.
I'd really like to install one of these in the front area but there's no way to get a wire to it but I'll check again.

https://www.amazon.com/Weatherproof-Universal-Flush-Mountable-Connector-Generator/dp/B08PYNPLX2/ref=sr_1_142?crid=3FTQZEGAV2ZRU&keywords=waterproof+sae+wire+plug+in+cap&qid=1696964806&sprefix=warer+proof+sae+wire+plug+in+cap,aps,78&sr=8-142

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Either way, you still have to plug it in. So to me, it's easier to do the type of install I did.
I'd really like to install one of these in the front area but there's no way to get a wire to it but I'll check again.

https://www.amazon.com/Weatherproof-Universal-Flush-Mountable-Connector-Generator/dp/B08PYNPLX2/ref=sr_1_142?crid=3FTQZEGAV2ZRU&keywords=waterproof+sae+wire+plug+in+cap&qid=1696964806&sprefix=warer+proof+sae+wire+plug+in+cap,aps,78&sr=8-142
The only daylight I saw was on the passenger side of the engine bay. You could easily cut a small hole in one of the fender liners but I'm not sure that's a good idea.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only daylight I saw was on the passenger side of the engine bay. You could easily cut a small hole in one of the fender liners but I'm not sure that's a good idea.
Yeah, I don't want to start cutting holes. Though, I'll take a look at that daylight area.

OP
OP
Jenma

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
There is the same discussion re: engine block heater. One person ran the cord out the opening for the front recovery hook (Badlands only). Another ran the cord out the windshield drain hole on the passenger side just as Rocks shows above.

Last edited:

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is the same discussion re: engine block heater. One person ran the cord out the opening for the front recovery hook (Badlands only). Another ran the cord out the windshield drain hole on the passenger side just as Rocks shows above.
Yes that's where I ran the cord too only on the drivers side closest to the battery.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would the BCM cause the BS to not go into power saving mode when a battery maintainer is connected with the ground side on a body screw vs the negative battery post? The battery will always be fully charged.

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
I have had a couple of bad experiences with Battery Tender. I would recommend that you take a look at a Battery Minder. These are approved by several battery manufacturers but are more expensive than the Battery Tender. Battery Minder recommends using an aviation specific version if you plan on using a plane battery.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had a couple of bad experiences with Battery Tender. I would recommend that you take a look at a Battery Minder. These are approved by several battery manufacturers but are more expensive than the Battery Tender. Battery Minder recommends using an aviation specific version if you plan on using a plane battery.
Thanks for your post but I've used Deltran battery tender plus models for over 20 years without an issue.
Maybe next time I'll try the Battery Minder. Both are the same price on Amazon. $59.95 unless you buy the double bank model.
Sponsored