Badlands Sticker Color

BS_Fishin'

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, F350
I painted my towhooks to match the Badlands sticker color, but I don't think I got the color quite right.

I wanted to keep that yellow/orange with a gray undertone (to complement Cactus Gray) and not end up with a too-bright Primary Color look, but I think it's a little too yellow and not enough orange. Any ideas on automotive paint colors to try?

PS. Or am I being crazy? 😬

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Sticker Color 20220718_003416
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Sticker Color Resized_20220718_110139
Sponsored

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I painted my towhooks to match the Badlands sticker color, but I don't think I got the color quite right.

I wanted to keep that yellow/orange with a gray undertone (to complement Cactus Gray) and not end up with a too-bright Primary Color look, but I think it's a little too yellow and not enough orange. Any ideas on automotive paint colors to try?

PS. Or am I being crazy? 😬

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Sticker Color 20220718_003416
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Sticker Color Resized_20220718_110139
At least, in the photos, they look quite similar! You took them off? How you did it?

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Looks good. If it were mine it’d sure be close enough to suit me — as my daddy used to say, “No body will know the difference in 100 years”.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Looks good enough for me! What paint did you use?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
DON'T ASK ME! I'm color blind. And, I mean TOTALLY color blind. I am diagnosed as mono-chromatic, only see black and white. I do perceive color through luminosity and training. So, guess what color my Badlands is........................YEP, Oxford White with a Black roof! :like:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
DON'T ASK ME! I'm color blind. And, I mean TOTALLY color blind. I am diagnosed as mono-chromatic, only see black and white. I do perceive color through luminosity and training. So, guess what color my Badlands is........................YEP, Oxford White with a Black roof! :like:
Interesting, my son is color blind but it's the red/green kind. I've never heard of someone being completely colorblind! That must make things difficult.

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, my son is color blind but it's the red/green kind. I've never heard of someone being completely colorblind! That must make things difficult.
See "Achromatopsia ". I understand that folks like me were sought after during WW2 because traditional camoflage doesn't hide from us (fortunately I was too young then). The human brain is a remarkable thing, and can compensate for many handicaps. Mine learned an alternate method to distinguish colors, so I DO see colors, just in a different manner than most. Thats why most of the Bronco Sport colors are really bland to me (no offense folks). It's also likely why I prefer to live in the mountains and forest amoung earthy colors. (and why my Badlands is Black & White):inlove:

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I guess you are not a favorite of politicians who try to ride the fence without doing anything, and only see black and white to appease their political base. 😜
Just kidding. Couldn't resist the urge to poke fun at our own society.

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess you are not a favorite of politicians who try to ride the fence without doing anything, and only see black and white to appease their political base. 😜
Just kidding. Couldn't resist the urge to poke fun at our own society.
No offense taken, and, I think most politicians only see shades of green (with different presidents pictures). I see them as USA enemy #2, with Media as #1. But, I do love the forum members (well, most of them) with their input, help and questions!
Sponsored