Summit

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BIGBEND & 2023 Bronco BADLANDS
Less than 1600 miles on my Badlands and 2 chips directly in front of my line of site from a rock on the highway.:angry:
Thought it wasn't going to be a big deal but it is driving me crazy. Had a windshield guy try to fill but it is still totally noticable and really distracting in day or night driving.
Anyone replaced windshield yet?
How much was it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Summit

Summit

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BIGBEND & 2023 Bronco BADLANDS
Ford glass - materials and labor around
$950
3-5 days to get glass

Generic glass - materials and labor around $620
2-3 days to get glass

If you use the lane sensing I was told the sensors are in the top corners of the glass and need programing if you don't want to wait for sensors to learn .......of course an additional charge for programing that.

These newer cars really are too complicated and end up costing extra in many respects.

Oh well.

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
Ford glass - materials and labor around
$950
3-5 days to get glass

Generic glass - materials and labor around $620
2-3 days to get glass

If you use the lane sensing I was told the sensors are in the top corners of the glass and need programing if you don't want to wait for sensors to learn .......of course an additional charge for programing that.

These newer cars really are too complicated and end up costing extra in many respects.

Oh well.
If you have a compatible OBDII reader like an OBDLink EX or MX+, you may be able to retrain the camera with FORScan on a PC. At least that was possible for my 2015 Fusion with its windshield camera. Saved me $500 on windshield replacement because I was able to retrain it myself.

I'd need to update the software and plug it into my car to see if it's a supported procedure on the current BS however.

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
Your insurance company may cover this minus your deductible.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had mine replaced with a non OEM/Ford glass. The local shop had it in stock and both glass and labor were cheaper. I asked about sensors and what he said (I know there will be differing opinions) is that as long as the sensors weren’t removed they need no calibration. Went on to say dealers and “brand name” windshield companies just do that to charge extra. I had no issues with it and I kinda feel more confident in the non Ford glass, I’ve had it just shy of a year which is about half the time I’ve owned my vehicle overall.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Less than 1600 miles on my Badlands and 2 chips directly in front of my line of site from a rock on the highway.:angry:
Thought it wasn't going to be a big deal but it is driving me crazy. Had a windshield guy try to fill but it is still totally noticable and really distracting in day or night driving.
How much was it?
Had a chip in the top that has migrated down across my line of sight. I asked the local dealer about replacing it. He recommended that I call a glass company, he does not do replacements at that dealership. I have not called a glass company yet. My deductible is $500, so I guess I pay out of pocket for most of the cost.

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
I think I win — I got a chip that quickly became a crack more than halfway across the windshield. Because I have no-deductible full glass coverage on my insurance, I had it replaced at an OEM shop. THE NEXT DAY, despite driving like a scared grandma and keeping well back of other cars, I got another chip. I took it back to the shop and they tried to fill it, but it just expanded so I had to have it replaced again. I believe it was around a thousand each time, so I was glad I didn’t have to pay anything out of pocket. The glass shop felt so bad for me when I came back with the second chip, they said they would have lowered the cost by the amount of my deductible if I had one.

metalbender

Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Caught a stone from a grain truck two days after taking delivery of my 23 Sport. Had the windshield replaced under the insurance. Got a letter from the insurance company that the sensors were not recalibrated. Had it done at my cost, was promptly reimbursed. There are liability issues if it's not done. They want proof of compliance. DIY doesn't cut it.

Bronco 92154

Outer Banks
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Sport
Yep, blew mine out @ 250 miles on a brand new Outer Banks - cost me $875.00 in SoCal...

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
How much was it?
Check your insurance. I have GEICO and it's covered with no deductible.

EARLSAYS

Badlands
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I had a new windshield installed in my 2023 Badlands yesterday. $989.62 out the door - OEM Soundscreen glass, with the module programming as well. My deductible was 1,000 so I just paid for it - and lowered my deductible to 200 dollars so the next one isn’t so expensive.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Had a chip in the top that has migrated down across my line of sight. I asked the local dealer about replacing it. He recommended that I call a glass company, he does not do replacements at that dealership. I have not called a glass company yet. My deductible is $500, so I guess I pay out of pocket for most of the cost.
Most dealers don’t do their own glass work. It’s normally subcontracted out. My brother own his own glass shop and did a lot of work for body shops and dealerships.

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I had a new windshield installed in my 2023 Badlands yesterday. $989.62 out the door - OEM Soundscreen glass, with the module programming as well. My deductible was 1,000 so I just paid for it - and lowered my deductible to 200 dollars so the next one isn’t so expensive.
I took that approach right when I got my BL BS, with the low deductible (mine’s $50, IIRC). I used to have a 78 Chevy K5 Blazer back in the day. That’s when I learned, higher chances of rock chip damages come along with ownership of a lot of vertical-ish-windshield SUV’s. It just comes with the territory. I got a nasty, 3+ inch crack constellation a few months ago on my Ford. Drat! Safelite was great, they glued it and for the first 24 hours it was amazing. Then the crack star reappeared :( …Long story short, they replaced my glass with Ford OEM and it’s been perfect since.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
A hail storm cracked mine last year. Around $1,000 but in New York there's no deductible on glass. I did have to pay $250 deductible on the other $5,500 in hail damage dent repair. :(
Sponsored