Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Do I have to get my original CA plate first? I am currently on paper plates (week old purchase) and am ready to get something NOW. Also is there database anywhere I can check on used vanity plates? I wanna make sure my first 20 choices arent already used lol.
Think you can order anytime. You can check on-line w/DMV for "taken" vanity plates, but you may find out weeks later that plate was not available -- when they return your check! Best bet is to go to DMV office, they have books there listing all the "taken" plates and the books are surprisingly accurate. Have LOTS of alternate choices with you as you'll find good plates have all been taken (try finding anything with cat or tiger, with any spelling).
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Think you can order anytime. You can check on-line w/DMV for "taken" vanity plates, but you may find out weeks later that plate was not available -- when they return your check! Best bet is to go to DMV office, they have books there listing all the "taken" plates and the books are surprisingly accurate. Have LOTS of alternate choices with you as you'll find good plates have all been taken (try finding anything with cat or tiger, with any spelling).
Actually that can be done on the internet in most states .

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
I wanted to order personalized plates, but here in Cali you can't if you lease.

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Finally got our plates... only took six months! :)
That mean's im close! Ordered my California plate in April. I checked on the DMV plate site and it shows its registered to my VIN already so any time. Did you receive something in the mail to let you know its ready to pickup at the local DMV or did they mail it straight to you?

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F350, 2012 Nissan Rogue
That mean's im close! Ordered my California plate in April. I checked on the DMV plate site and it shows its registered to my VIN already so any time. Did you receive something in the mail to let you know its ready to pickup at the local DMV or did they mail it straight to you?
No notice, they just showed up in my mailbox. I was instructed to destroy the old plates.

jimharrison1950

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend HOT PEPPER RED
Mine is BSPORT on the new mexico green chile plate.. i know some worry about posting pics of plate. I dont mind... i figure everyone gets to see my plate everywhere i go anyway... even the people i cut off for goin to slow 🤣... If so just let us know what it says .. thx

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone put a custom plate on there BS 20220417_120601
Mine is IM4GVN

ATXDave

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport OBX
Waiting on my carbon fiber one to come in. Will look much better than the traditional white one.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone put a custom plate on there BS Screenshot_20220422-061850_Samsung Internet
Going with the same thing, but the black one.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe