Anyone install a plugin tuner on their BS?

Bloomsey

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
No interest.

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
pedal commanders are not tuners just FYI. All the do is increase signal to throttle body to make it open faster. Same thing can be done by pressing pedal harder. If you want a tune get a real tuner and have someone tune it for you. Plenty out there. Unleashed, Cobb, etc.

OP
OP
Bloomsey

Bloomsey

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
pedal commanders are not tuners just FYI. All the do is increase signal to throttle body to make it open faster. Same thing can be done by pressing pedal harder. If you want a tune get a real tuner and have someone tune it for you. Plenty out there. Unleashed, Cobb, etc.
Got it! thanks for the info. didn’t really know anything about them so that’s why I’m asking

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
I didn't believe those pedal commander devices would make any difference because, as stated., just push the go pedal harder. Well, I was gifted one and I tell you, what a difference those things make. It's different than "just press the gas pedal harder". The difference in throttle response is incredible. It makes the throttle much more responsive to inputs. Just pressing the pedal harder does not eliminate the lag. The pedal commander works by altering the signal between the accelerator pedal and the engine control unit (ECU), which affects the way the vehicle responds to inputs and virtually eliminates all lag. I have one on my Escape and my F150. I prefer this over a "tuner" as it in no way affects the factory tune or warranty.

Black Rob

Heritage
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
This isn’t a pedal commander. A noise maker
I installed a plug-in system from Racechip USA. It's a German performance company. It doesn't overwrite your ECU. Can be removed easily if you need warranty work done.

You are going to get a ton of "bullshite", "they don't work", "they aren't like a dyno tune" and various other so-called expert opinions on any type of plug-in tuner/tune. In this day and age, we are way past having to have a dyno tune to improve performance by changing the parameters of engine output.

My advice is to research the companies you are interested in and educate yourself. Look up reviews. Look up claims against the company. Contact them and ask questions. A legit product will be open to Q&A, will back its product, and will have data out there proving the science behind what they do. That's why I went with Racechiip.
Cool and all, but the product he asked about does none of that. It plays engine sounds through the speakers.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I just Googled the Racechip tuner. I wonder why an auto manufacturer wouldn't use say this tuner when it's said to add more horsepower and up to 20% better MPGs. Especially when auto manufacturers struggle to keep up with CAFE regulations.

• Up to 30% more HP and torque
    RaceChip performance optimization unlocks up to 30 % more power.

• Up to 20% more MPGThe significant increase in torque enables earlier shifts which leads to less consumption.

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
This isn’t a pedal commander. A noise maker

Cool and all, but the product he asked about does none of that. It plays engine sounds through the speakers.
Yeah, I know. I was responding to the other person who brought it up. Went off topic there....lol

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
I just Googled the Racechip tuner. I wonder why an auto manufacturer wouldn't use say this tuner when it's said to add more horsepower and up to 20% better MPGs. Especially when auto manufacturers struggle to keep up with CAFE regulations.

• Up to 30% more HP and torque
    RaceChip performance optimization unlocks up to 30 % more power.

• Up to 20% more MPGThe significant increase in torque enables earlier shifts which leads to less consumption.
Probably because their claims are BS. I'd want to see the dyno sheets backing those numbers up. You don't get something for nothing. Many times you need supporting mods (for example, larger injectors) to get those kinds of gains. Manufacturers also need to worry about emissions and reliability as well. Cheers!
Sponsored