Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Just wondering if there might be any Ford Salesman/Reps in here that might be able to provide any update on what they might know about the Bronco Sports built in June sitting waiting for “a chip” or the Oct/Nov ETA’s? Are they random dates or actually reality?
might be a long shot just thought I’d ask!
Thanks ☺
Sponsored

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Just wondering if there might be any Ford Salesman/Reps in here that might be able to provide any update on what they might know about the Bronco Sports built in June sitting waiting for “a chip” or the Oct/Nov ETA’s? Are they random dates or actually reality?
might be a long shot just thought I’d ask!
Thanks ☺
I know there are Ford employees that appear on the F150 forum on a regular basis, would be nice to have one on here to help us understand what is actually going on inside Ford. I also know there is a lot more information available at the dealer level than what appears on the tracking system.

OP
OP

Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
I know there are Ford employees that appear on the F150 forum on a regular basis, would be nice to have one on here to help us understand what is actually going on inside Ford. I also know there is a lot more information available at the dealer level than what appears on the tracking system.
Absolutely that’s why I put it out there. There seems to be such a wide range of different info out there….wish someone on the inside could maybe provide a little insight. Maybe a long shot tho…??‍♀

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Supposed to see my roommate tomorrow, been a crazy week. He works at HQ in Dearborn, he seems to know a lot, I'll see what I can get out of him. I know he said in April chips were gonna be a major issue.
I got some ball bats and duck tape........... just sayin' :ninja:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
SO...here's this, kind of interesting, particularly if you enjoy the code/Forscan stuff. I'm gonna post it there too. Even if you already have your sport, you can enter the vin and it shows all the module data. For those more versed in Forscan there is a crapton of information

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Input vin. it returns BCM module info (tons of lines of code) your bronco is likely built.

This decodes the 'codes' per another link on this site
google Doc with Forscan codes

Last edited:

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
So so glad I bought off the lot. Because of all this I will never special order a vehicle. The package toys are cool don't get me wrong. But I'm completely happy with my BASE model, It serves me just fine.
7,300 miles now and have been enjoying my baby Bronco for seven months. The new feeling has not diminished one bit.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So so glad I bought off the lot. Because of all this I will never special order a vehicle. The package toys are cool don't get me wrong. But I'm completely happy with my BASE model, It serves me just fine.
7,300 miles now and have been enjoying my baby Bronco for seven months. The new feeling has not diminished one bit.
The only ones suffering from ordering, are the ones that waited too late to figure out they wanted one. I'm a first week of the reveal pre-order and mine was built in 2 days and shipped out immediately and got to me in 2 weeks when they started production. The demand being what it is now and parts shortage is the only reason this is now a nightmare for people. I could also boss around dealerships last year until one gave into my NO MARKUP and saved 4-12k. Didn't have to sacrifice any features like moonroof either. Ordering is the way to go. Being indecisive or just not knowing from the very beginning and not jumping on it, is not.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only ones suffering from ordering, are the ones that waited too late to figure out they wanted one. I'm a first week of the reveal pre-order and mine was built in 2 days and shipped out immediately and got to me in 2 weeks when they started production. The demand being what it is now and parts shortage is the only reason this is now a nightmare for people. I could also boss around dealerships last year until one gave into my NO MARKUP and saved 4-12k. Didn't have to sacrifice any features like moonroof either. Ordering is the way to go. Being indecisive or just not knowing from the very beginning and not jumping on it, is not.
Some of us weren't in need of of a new vehicle at the start of the pre-order process and could not predict parts shortages once Covid reared it ugly head. The BS we ordered is for my wife and we only started looking when she saw one a neighbor bought. So far our build has gone rather smoothly, it was being built yesterday, 6 weeks after the order. I truly feel for the people that have been waiting for months and still have their vehicles sitting in the desert. We ordered form a large local dealer I have purchased from before. They were able to guide us through the process with a minimum of delays. Oh yeah, we weren't charged a mark up either. Hats off to you for being at the top of the list and being one of the lucky ones to get the Bronco Sport of your dreams without having to wait.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I intentionally waited because I did not want one of the first ones off the production line. The early builds tend to have a high probability of defects was the thinking. But you are right if I would have ordered earlier I would have already had one. Now I have one that was built and left to sit baking in the Mexican desert sun for some unknown length of time. And we are now stuck with skyrocketing demand and ongoing parts supplier issues and none of that is going away any time soon.

OP
OP

Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Some of us weren't in need of of a new vehicle at the start of the pre-order process and could not predict parts shortages once Covid reared it ugly head. The BS we ordered is for my wife and we only started looking when she saw one a neighbor bought. So far our build has gone rather smoothly, it was being built yesterday, 6 weeks after the order. I truly feel for the people that have been waiting for months and still have their vehicles sitting in the desert. We ordered form a large local dealer I have purchased from before. They were able to guide us through the process with a minimum of delays. Hats off to you for being at the top of the list and being one of the lucky ones to get the Bronco Sport of your dreams without having to wait.
I totally agree with you, It is the exact same situation as me, I ordered in February when I started looking to purchase a new vehicle. I wasn’t being indecisive or procrastinating once I saw the sport I ordered that same day. When I ordered I was told April delivery. Then June delivery, now it sits waiting for a chip and it’s anyone’s guess as to when I will receive it. I’m not paying over MSRP for mine either.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I truly feel for the people that have been waiting for months and still have their vehicles sitting in the desert.
If Ford can not get my vehicle out of the desert and onto a train soon then I am probably going to reject the vehicle and wait a year or later. I do not even need a new vehicle and I don't need to keep dealing with this car shortage supplier issues nonsense. And I do not want a brand new vehicle that was subject to an abusive environment after being built. I will just step out of the new car market and wait a year or two until all of this gets sorted out. Does not make any sense to pursue a new vehicle under these market conditions when I currently have several vehicles that run just fine.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If Ford can not get my vehicle out of the desert and onto a train soon then I am probably going to reject the vehicle and wait a year or later. I do not even need a new vehicle and I don't need to keep dealing with this car shortage supplier issues nonsense. And I do not want a brand new vehicle that was subject to an abusive environment after being built. I will just step out of the new car market and wait a year or two until all of this gets sorted out. Does not make any sense to pursue a new vehicle under these market conditions when I currently have several vehicles that run just fine.
So does that mean there is going to be a Badlands up for grabs in November?

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Some of us weren't in need of of a new vehicle at the start of the pre-order process and could not predict parts shortages once Covid reared it ugly head. The BS we ordered is for my wife and we only started looking when she saw one a neighbor bought. So far our build has gone rather smoothly, it was being built yesterday, 6 weeks after the order. I truly feel for the people that have been waiting for months and still have their vehicles sitting in the desert. We ordered form a large local dealer I have purchased from before. They were able to guide us through the process with a minimum of delays. Oh yeah, we weren't charged a mark up either. Hats off to you for being at the top of the list and being one of the lucky ones to get the Bronco Sport of your dreams without having to wait.
To be clear, I'm not a heartless bastard. I do feel bad somewhat for people having the constant delays. I didn't NEED a new vehicle, I was just waiting on Ford to rerelease the Bronco for what, 10+ years since they started teasing the renders? I can't even remember anymore it's been so long. My explorer was doing just fine but it was something I settled for when we needed a family car now that we have babies so the mustang had to go. Couldn't bring myself to get a 4 door big Bronco cause fugly, so the sport was perfect and I'm so glad I didn't wait knowing now the vehicle situation in the US. Wildtrak will be mine when the kids can get in and out of their chairs themselves. Or something better by that time. I think I just knew this truck would be insanely popular so I jumped when I could. I wish everybody a speedy production date. Getting tired of being the only one on the road. I want my Badlands to have lots of brothers and sisters!
Sponsored